Question LG monitor stopped switching to HDMI when DVI source is active

SerjAngelo

Prominent
May 21, 2020
Hi, guys. I have an old LG 23ea63 monitor and I kept both my ps4 hooked up to it via HDMI and my PC - via the DVI port.
The monitor has an "input" button to switch between modes, and it worked fine until I gave the console to my friend to play for a few days.

I now have it back and hooked it the way it was, but now the monitor refuses to switch to the HDMI output whenever PC is on providing image to the DVI port.
Thing is, the actual HDMi is working fine because when the PC is shut down and it can't locate the DVI source, it switches to HDMI just fine.
But whenever the PC is on and I try to switch from the DVI image to HDMi one, it will just blink and turn back on the DVI.

Here's a video of what happens:
View: https://youtu.be/JDe5_-vNpCs

Tried two different cables, tried, resetting the monitor settings to defaults, unplugging everything from the monitor, but the same issue persists.

One thing that I noticed is that when I shut down the PS4, the monitor switches back to DVI automatically, whereas it didn't use to do that

Hope anyone has any clues! Thanks in advance

Last edited:

SerjAngelo

Prominent
May 21, 2020
it appears to be switching to HDMI output normally when I connect the PS3 instead.
Which is odd, considering PS4's HDCP setting is turned off, so it's not the case.

And whenever the HDMI signal is lost (when changing resolutions, for example), it automatically switches to DVI whereas it never used to before.

TRENDING THREADS