Question Lian Li Lancool II Mesh frontal fans LED problem

Aug 19, 2024
Hello guys, Im looking for help. Recently I swaped my old PSU (Seasonic Focus Gold 550W) for new one (Deepcool PX850G), mainly because of new GeForce 12 pin power standard. And here is problem - my Lian Li Lancool II Mesh rgb frontal fans stopped lightning up. What I mean by that - with Seasonic PSU, fans were connected to argb pins on motherboard, which I didn't use anyway, and also connected to SATA power cable, so I could change the lightning just with switch on the top of the case (I used static color). Now, when I turn on PC, fans spin normally, but leds often doesn't work, or just lights partially (like half of the fan is lightning with weird colors) and I can't manage to change colors. PC reset changes nothing, I have to turn off and turn on couple of times (from 1 to even 5 tries) so finaly fans light up normally. I changed SATA power cable, I swaped port, where cable connect on PSU, I checked fans cables - everything seems to be right, nothing helped. I checked how it works with just ARGB connected/only SATA power connected, still doesn't work. With just ARGB connected I manage to turn on Aurora lightning on my Asus motherboard to pick some lightning mode, yet it also didn't help to light fans up. Do you have any idea what can be wrong? LED can't be damaged, since, as I mentioned, after 4-5 turn off/on PC cycles fans light up. Last thing to try is clean Windows installation, but since case fans with external SATA power should light up on spot, system is irrelevant here I guess.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

If you can swap back in the older PSU and see the issue is resolved, then you have narrowed down your culprit. Speaking of PSU's did you swap out the cables as well or leave them in place from the older unit? Did you try reinstalling Asus's Armory Crate(since that's where your Aura app resides)?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
but since case fans with external SATA power should light up on spot, system is irrelevant here I guess.
True.

but leds often doesn't work, or just lights partially (like half of the fan is lightning with weird colors) and I can't manage to change colors.
Two possible culprits:
1. The RGB controller unit/box
2. Fans themselves

1st, check all the cables that go to/from the RGB controller unit. Some cables may be loose. Same box has the wire to the front I/O LED button. Might even try to unplug the fan LEDs and plug them back on different ports on the controller unit. Look if there's a diff.

But if fans themselves are the issue, then only fix is fan replacement. Though, i think there is some loose connection somewhere near the RGB controller box, hence why sometimes they lit up.

Aug 19, 2024
Thank you for replies. Of course I am using new cables which I get with Deepcool PSU. I would like to avoid disassembling CPU cooler and all the other stuff to connect old PSU, so I think I will check for that top panel controller cable connetcions first - that's one thing I haven't tried yet. And then, eventually, I will reinstall Asus software. As soon as I will find some spare time I will check this and back here with answer.