Question Lian LI TL 120 Controller box cable length

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am thinking of buying a 3 pack of these fans and using them on my Arctic Cooler 2 360mm AIO

Probably get reverse blade version as I am sick of seeing back of my fans.

Seem to be having problems with the P12 RGB that come attached to my AIO, so I am upgrading the fans.
Had to replace one already and now other two making noises like they are next.
Figure better to replace with better fans than keep replacing them.

Alternate fans I looked at:
  • Can’t use Corsair ML120, they don’t have daisy chaining and can only be controlled by Icue for RGB. Also overpriced and have fairly average cooling. They just look pretty. (I have 2 spares, just thought about buying 3rd)
  • Bequiet Silent Wings Pro 4 doesn’t allow daisy chain. No RGB either but pretty good cooling. Too much extra cable to deal with. Would have to run off fan hub as I don't have enough headers.
  • I didn't look at Noctua as I want RGB. If they made RGB fans I wouldn't look anywhere else. can only be daisy chained at the header end, not as elegant as the Lian li solution. Could also buy a hub for them if I really wanted them. Is still more cables than what Arctic offer now, or the lian li one power cable for everything.

Cable length
I can't find any info on how long the attached cables are on controller

I can see the power cable from Fans to Control box is meant to be 55cm now, but the cables on the actual controller are a mystery.
Need to work out where I am putting the controller so it can reach
  1. CPU_FAN header
  2. ARGB Header
  3. USB2 header
Last 2 connections on my board can be found at base of board, but as usual the CPU_FAN header is at top of board.
z88olj4.jpg

AIO front mounted so the Fan power cable will come out at bottom of the AIO (only way to not obstruct tubing on rad) and needs to connect to Controller box as cannot run these direct off MB. Probably put controller box just near my hdd cages next to AIO
M4fAeSo.jpg

The Controller uses a 6 pin PCIe cables for power - I am not concerned about the PCIe 6 pin as I should have a spare on my RMx1000 since I only used at most half of my 8 pin connections on PSU. One advantage to having too much power I guess. I see videos warning people about that fact as I know most people wouldn't have spares.

This video shows them but its not exact in the measurements - not buying the LCD versions of fans as I have seen they have issues with Lian LI software, and obviously running 3 or more 400x400mm IPS panels in PC at all time will use CPU - I saw complaints but its obvious they don't come free. Also, I wouldn't see screens in case where they are going anyway... and way too expensive for what you get. Non LCD versions have better Static Pressure as well.

Unknown cable length is the only thing slowing me down. I think it should work, just don't want to buy blindly.

Last edited: