Question LOD and anti-aliasing problems in all games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2022
Hello,
I recently built a pc with a RTX 2060, I5 10400F and 16gb of 3000mhz ram but there is something wrong with it because in every game i play such as GTA, beamng drive, ground branch and much more the antialiasing is so bad that i can count pixels on my screen and not even nvidia control panel settings can fix it. Same with LOD drawing distance, in every game i play i can literally see trees, grass, textures popping out into detail a couple meters infront of me and I spent countless hours chatting with nvidia support (they obviously didn't fix it) searching forums and still wasn't able to find anything that could be the cause of this problem. I ended up refunding the GPU thinking that it must be a faulty model and with the money I got back i bought another 2060 from gigabyte this time and guess what, the problem is still here even with a comepletly new gpu. I have no idea what to do and the funny thing is that even my old laptop with a GTX 1050 did better than this.

EDIT: Could it be the motherboard? I was aiming to buy a budget one so maybe there's somehting with the PCIE slot? this is the one i have: https://www.amazon.pl/Gigabyte-H410M-V3-Buchse-S-ATA/dp/B09B15DSP1/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_pl_PL=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2I1B594ENPXW1&keywords=Gigabyte+H410M+H+V3&qid=1654936915&sprefix=gigabyte+h410m+h+v3,aps,83&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2022
What is your monitor? it's a Samsung S27R350FHUX
What is your screen resolution set at? 1920x1080
What you are describing sounds like you are playing at less than the monitors native resolution. Unfortunately no, all the games i run were and are set to 1920x1080.

May 24, 2022
I'm having the same problem with my HP omen 15 laptop with RTX 2060
Every single game have a bad antialiasing and pixlated graphics and low quality texture even if i maxed everything in Nvidia Control panel and the in-game settings
I've been searching for a solution for a long time and didn't find anything
Alot of people complaining about the same problem but with no help

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a 27 in monitor with 1920x1080 resolution. Which means it has a large pixel size.
About 0.32mm compared to a 24 inch monitor with a 1080 screen at 0.272mm
Of course the screen will look pixelated if you are sitting at a desk with it.

If you move back 6-7 feet from it it will look much better. But will not look good until you are 8 to 9 feet back from it.

Jun 11, 2022
You have a 27 in monitor with 1920x1080 resolution. Which means it has a large pixel size.
About 0.32mm compared to a 24 inch monitor with a 1080 screen at 0.272mm
Of course the screen will look pixelated if you are sitting at a desk with it.

If you move back 6-7 feet from it it will look much better. But will not look good until you are 8 to 9 feet back from it.
The monitor is not the problem here because as i said the antialiasing looks comepletly pixelated (like i was playing on a ps2) in every single game and the monitor wouldn't cause LOD drawing distance issues.

Jun 11, 2022
Can you hook your laptop to the monitor to rule the monitor out?
If it looks good with the laptop attached to the monitor it is your system.
If not it is your monitor.
It looks good on the laptop so that must be my system and now, could it be a faulty motherboard? as I said earlier i bought a budget one so maybe a faulty PCIE slot? i already refunded the GPU as I said and with the new one the issue is still here so that's not the GPU for sure, or maybe the SSD? it's a 980 pro so I think that it's pretty fast but could a faulty one cause these issues? This is weird.

Hello,
I recently built a pc with a RTX 2060, I5 10400F and 16gb of 3000mhz ram but there is something wrong with it because in every game i play such as GTA, beamng drive, ground branch and much more the antialiasing is so bad that i can count pixels on my screen and not even nvidia control panel settings can fix it. Same with LOD drawing distance, in every game i play i can literally see trees, grass, textures popping out into detail a couple meters infront of me and I spent countless hours chatting with nvidia support (they obviously didn't fix it) searching forums and still wasn't able to find anything that could be the cause of this problem. I ended up refunding the GPU thinking that it must be a faulty model and with the money I got back i bought another 2060 from gigabyte this time and guess what, the problem is still here even with a comepletly new gpu. I have no idea what to do and the funny thing is that even my old laptop with a GTX 1050 did better than this.
Can you post screen shots of what you mean? Maybe both from the screen shot button in game and from a camera shot?

Jun 11, 2022
Can you post screen shots of what you mean? Maybe both from the screen shot button in game and from a camera shot?
I'll show Beamng drive as an example also there's no need to post a camera shot because screen shots show it all, you can see the unloaded tree textures and shadows in the distance and grass drawing distance being low and every single game Looks like this.
https://im.ge/i/rp9kHr
https://im.ge/i/rp9noc

I'll show Beamng drive as an example also there's no need to post a camera shot because screen shots show it all, you can see the unloaded tree textures and shadows in the distance and grass drawing distance being low and every single game Looks like this.
https://im.ge/i/rp9kHr
https://im.ge/i/rp9noc
This looks "normal" to me from what I saw in videos for the game on the current version. Maybe you have a few graphics settings set incorrectly? Maybe you set the nvidia image saling setting in the nvidia control panel so it's rending a lower resolution?

What about other games? I'm more familiar with GTA5 than the other games you listed.

Jun 11, 2022
This looks "normal" to me from what I saw in videos for the game on the current version. Maybe you have a few graphics settings set incorrectly? Maybe you set the nvidia image saling setting in the nvidia control panel so it's rending a lower resolution?

What about other games? I'm more familiar with GTA5 than the other games you listed.
GTA's problem is mainly antialiasing as it is very pixelated and i know that antialiasing in this game is pretty bad normally as well as the shadow drawing distance but this is way worse and even when put to 8X with fxaa on also. i see some cars appearing 20 meters infront of me and shadows doing the same thing as i said (all Ultra settings) for example my friends with a bit older gpus like gtx 1650 don't have these problems with this game. I've seen allot of videos on youtube of people playing GTA on the same specs as mine and their game looked normal (example :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm6rO9_QXHk&t=1177s
) so there's clearly something wrong.

GTA's problem is mainly antialiasing as it is very pixelated and i know that antialiasing in this game is pretty bad normally as well as the shadow drawing distance but this is way worse and even when put to 8X with fxaa on also. i see some cars appearing 20 meters infront of me and shadows doing the same thing as i said (all Ultra settings) for example my friends with a bit older gpus like gtx 1650 don't have these problems with this game. I've seen allot of videos on youtube of people playing GTA on the same specs as mine and their game looked normal (example :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm6rO9_QXHk&t=1177s
) so there's clearly something wrong.
Can you post some screenshots of your problem in GTA5?

Status
Not open for further replies.