Question Logitech C920S Users, your thoughts please.

Sep 6, 2020
Title gives a pretty good picture of what im after, I am looking to buy a new webcam as I don't believe going down the "expensive camera" route is worth it for personal use.

I have taken a look online and the Logitech C920S keeps coming up as a recommended purchase, I would like to get peoples honest thoughts on whether or not its worth the £84.99 or if its over hyped and there are better options around that price point.

As always suggestions are welcome either way, its always better to research a purchase over just impulse buying something you (I) then later regret.

Thanks in advance,

Grimm

Sep 6, 2020
IMHO, it's a good camera for what you're paying for. I've seen the C920 in action and have used it myself, it's just a step above the one you're looking at.

My understanding of the difference between the C920 and the C920S is that the C920S is the newer version of the C920? I could be wrong though as I have only really used google to check it.

Lutfij

Titan
The price of the 920 is slightly higher than the newer version and the latter comes with a privacy shutter. I'm leaning on the camera sensor being changed for a cheaper one and the quality might be lower than the previous gen. The privacy shutter shouldn't be grounds for a price cut either.

Sep 6, 2020
The price of the 920 is slightly higher than the newer version and the latter comes with a privacy shutter. I'm leaning on the camera sensor being changed for a cheaper one and the quality might be lower than the previous gen. The privacy shutter shouldn't be grounds for a price cut either.

That makes sense, it seems right now that webcams are hard to find at a decent price given everyone wanting to work from home and needing one, thanks for your input.