[SOLVED] Logitech G102 mouse undetected, how can I fix this?

Dec 15, 2020
Hello there! I recently purchased a Logitech G102 Prodigy mouse cuz it was on christmas sale, I realize now that I probably should've done a lot more digging around since tons of reviews seem to mention logitech's software being terrible.

So far I've tried using the software it came with, although it doesn't seem to detect the device. The mouse works normally as it should (working buttons and I'm able to change the dpi). Although even with other programs like OpenRGB, it just doesn't detect the mouse. I tried multiple processes like uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, updating software and restarting/running as administrator. I feel quite desperate now if I'm being honest. Any and all help is appreciated! (I just read another thread and the mouse doesn't seem to need the software but I'd love to be able to configure stuff!)

Solution
Which software did you use? They changed it up recently, so it's not the gaming software anymore it is now using the "G Hub" - I also got a G203 recently and noticed the same thing where the gaming software no longer detects it and once I got the G-Hub installed all is well!
Which software did you use? They changed it up recently, so it's not the gaming software anymore it is now using the "G Hub" - I also got a G203 recently and noticed the same thing where the gaming software no longer detects it and once I got the G-Hub installed all is well!

Solution
Hi sammy i am using a logitec g5 mouse with weights in the base , it is 15 years old and never let me down.
I have never used the software disc , i dont even know what its supposed to do.
Without the software the buttons on top the buttons on top that control the speed of the mouse work but the side buttons dont work.

Just out of curiosity what is the software supposed to do and can you manage without it.

Dec 15, 2020
Hi! So far I've tried the most recent one on their webpage and it wouldn't spot the device.

Dec 15, 2020
Hi sammy i am using a logitec g5 mouse with weights in the base , it is 15 years old and never let me down.
I have never used the software disc , i dont even know what its supposed to do.
Without the software the buttons on top the buttons on top that control the speed of the mouse work but the side buttons dont work.

Just out of curiosity what is the software supposed to do and can you manage without it.

Hey there! I'm pretty sure the software helps you customize the function of each button and a few more other features like control the RGB, I could manage without it but I'd love to get the most out of my experience with this since its the first gaming mouse I've bought. :)

TRENDING THREADS