Looking for group or not?

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Recently I have been getting more resistance from people when I'm
trying to form up a group.

I've stopped sending blind invites, since reading how much people hate
them, but I will still send an invite without warning to someone the
search window identifies as 'lfg'. I have noticed that more and more
people are refusing these invites. If they do, I usually send a tell
saying something like "You have lfg on, BTW." But lately the search
window shows people who are already teamed as 'lfg' and continues to
do so even when refreshed. Is this a bug? Have otheres noticed it?

Sean

seansmith999@hotmail.com (Sean) wrote in

<snip>

>But lately the search window shows people who are already
> teamed as 'lfg' and continues to do so even when refreshed. Is
> this a bug? Have otheres noticed it?
>
> Sean

<snip>

Not as far as I know.....You can be teamed and the LFT icon still shows
in search.

As soon as the person quits team, they are still flagged as looking for
team.

Some people leave it on all the time.

Some people never turn it on.

Sort of like turn-signals ;)

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
> Not as far as I know.....You can be teamed and the LFT icon still shows
> in search.
>
> As soon as the person quits team, they are still flagged as looking for
> team.
>
> Some people leave it on all the time.
>
> Some people never turn it on.

I'm not quite sure this is true. I think the confusion might be coming
from the fact that the search window doesn't update automatically, or
very often. If you pop it open and get a list of LFTs, they'll still be
showing long after they've teamed, unteamed, changed their LFT flag or
logged.

Does this screen refresh or update automatically at some interval? I'm
pretty sure I've never seen it.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in

> Does this screen refresh or update automatically at some interval?
> I'm pretty sure I've never seen it.

I think it only refreshes if you change the search parameters.....or
close it then open it again.

Sort of like a snap shot at the time you do the search (as in SQL
searches before comits)

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<Xns9642DB15AC2Bjanleeameritechne@207.115.63.158>...
> Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in
>
> > Does this screen refresh or update automatically at some interval?
> > I'm pretty sure I've never seen it.
> >

> I think it only refreshes if you change the search parameters.....or
> close it then open it again.
>
> Sort of like a snap shot at the time you do the search (as in SQL
> searches before comits)

But when the seach button is pressed again, the screen updates. you
can see the list of names change, if your parameters are wide enough.

and still these people who are teamed up already are shown as lfg.

wha?

Sean

On 24 Apr 2005 13:36:24 -0700, Sean <seansmith999@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Recently I have been getting more resistance from people when I'm
> trying to form up a group.
>
> I've stopped sending blind invites, since reading how much people hate
> them, but I will still send an invite without warning to someone the
> search window identifies as 'lfg'. I have noticed that more and more
> people are refusing these invites. If they do, I usually send a tell
> saying something like "You have lfg on, BTW." But lately the search
> window shows people who are already teamed as 'lfg' and continues to
> do so even when refreshed. Is this a bug? Have otheres noticed it?

The search results are not up to date. The lfg database is not given
priority by the game engine and may be lagging by several minutes. People
who have recently begun to look for team are not flagged in the database,
and people who have recently joined a team have not yet been removed. The
problem is quite noticeable in heavily populated zones such as The Hollows.

The LFT flag *is* automatically cancelled at the time you join a team, but
the database needs to update and then you need to update again to get the
correct results. On the bright side, an invite will be bounced. Of
course, this smacks the polite people who ask first; they now become the
weirdos. ^_^*

good sign." -G