Looking for mmorpg fans to help with a trading site

Hi all,

Today I was shocked to read news that EQ2 now allows players to sell
their items for real money. I am dead set against this. I think it
ruins the game.

I do, however, think that selling items the eBay way benefits the game.
In support of my views, I have created a MMORPG trading website. It
allows eBay style auctions, except that the bidding is done in game
currency. It also allows items to be put up for trade. Other users may
offer other gam items in exchange for the item being traded. It is
actually a very sophisticated site that I have been coding on and off
for the last 3 years.

I have a lot of experience in sites like this. I'm not sure if anyone
here remembers it, but I coded the original DiabloII.Net MarketPlace. I
since broke away from that to create my own site.

It is almost ready to launch.

Before I can launch it though, I need to find some MMORPG players who
can help me finalize the site. I am particularly interested in finding
players of the more recent games, such as EQ2, SWG, WoW, and Matrix
Online. I have been spending so much time on coding the site I have
lost touch with the games' economy. I need help setting up things like
categories for the items to be placed in.

If you would like to help out with this, shoot me an email at
x3v0-usenet@yahoo.com. I'll fill you in on the details.

I look forward to working with you,
- Xev

x3v0-usenet#yahoo.com

Nostromo wrote:
> Thus spake x3v0-usenet@yahoo.com, 20 Apr 2005 10:39:46 -0700, Anno
Domini:

>>Hi all,
>>
>>Today I was shocked to read news that EQ2 now allows players to sell
>>their items for real money. I am dead set against this. I think it
>>ruins the game.
>

> Oh how opinionated!

Aren't people entitled to their opinion? I think many people share this
opinion as well.

>>I do, however, think that selling items the eBay way benefits the
game.
>>In support of my views, I have created a MMORPG trading website. It
>

> Oh how noble!

Thanks, I try.

>>allows eBay style auctions, except that the bidding is done in game
>>currency. It also allows items to be put up for trade. Other users
may
>>offer other gam items in exchange for the item being traded. It is
>>actually a very sophisticated site that I have been coding on and off
>>for the last 3 years.
>

> Oh how misguided!

Please elaborate. I am always looking for constructive criticism.

>>I have a lot of experience in sites like this. I'm not sure if anyone
>>here remembers it, but I coded the original DiabloII.Net MarketPlace.
>>since broke away from that to create my own site.
>>
>>It is almost ready to launch.
>

> Oh how greedy!

Greedy? Actually, I didn't want to leave, but we just didn't work well
together. I had no choice.

>>Before I can launch it though, I need to find some MMORPG players who
>>can help me finalize the site. I am particularly interested in
finding
>>players of the more recent games, such as EQ2, SWG, WoW, and Matrix
>>Online. I have been spending so much time on coding the site I have
>>lost touch with the games' economy. I need help setting up things
like
>>categories for the items to be placed in.
>>
>>If you would like to help out with this, shoot me an email at
>>x3v0-usenet@yahoo.com. I'll fill you in on the details.
>>
>>I look forward to working with you,
>>- Xev
>>
>>x3v0-usenet#yahoo.com
>

> Oh how silly to think anyone here would fall for this scum-scam!

What makes you think this is a scam? I suppose people think everything
they read on usenet is a scam. This doesn't seem to be the best place
to look for help.

- Xev

nostromo

Thus spake x3v0-usenet@yahoo.com, 20 Apr 2005 10:39:46 -0700, Anno Domini:

>Hi all,
>
>Today I was shocked to read news that EQ2 now allows players to sell
>their items for real money. I am dead set against this. I think it
>ruins the game.

Oh how opinionated!

>I do, however, think that selling items the eBay way benefits the game.
>In support of my views, I have created a MMORPG trading website. It

Oh how noble!

>allows eBay style auctions, except that the bidding is done in game
>currency. It also allows items to be put up for trade. Other users may
>offer other gam items in exchange for the item being traded. It is
>actually a very sophisticated site that I have been coding on and off
>for the last 3 years.

Oh how misguided!

>I have a lot of experience in sites like this. I'm not sure if anyone
>here remembers it, but I coded the original DiabloII.Net MarketPlace. I
>since broke away from that to create my own site.
>
>It is almost ready to launch.

Oh how greedy!

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

nostromo

Thus spake x3v0-usenet@yahoo.com, 21 Apr 2005 07:19:09 -0700, Anno Domini:

>What makes you think this is a scam? I suppose people think everything
>they read on usenet is a scam. This doesn't seem to be the best place
>to look for help.

What guarantee do we have it's not? Will you support real money
transactions? Perhaps Usenet isn't the best place to look if you can't
handle a bit of heat mate ;-)

--

Nostromo wrote:
> Thus spake x3v0-usenet@yahoo.com, 21 Apr 2005 07:19:09 -0700, Anno
Domini:

>>What makes you think this is a scam? I suppose people think
everything
>>they read on usenet is a scam. This doesn't seem to be the best place
>>to look for help.
>

> What guarantee do we have it's not? Will you support real money
> transactions? Perhaps Usenet isn't the best place to look if you
can't
> handle a bit of heat mate ;-)

No, I thought I covered that. The site will NOT support real money
transactions. It has eBay-like auctions, except that game currency is
used for bidding.

It also supports trading, i.e. people put up an item for trade and
enter what sort of items they are looking for in exchange. Other users
can then offer other items. When the trade closes the seller chooses
which offer to accept.

I am not for, and will never allow my site to support, real-money
tansactions.

I guess you'll just have to wait and see though. The site will open
soon. If only I could find some help..

- Xev

nostromo

Thus spake x3v0-usenet@yahoo.com, 22 Apr 2005 08:05:06 -0700, Anno Domini:

>Nostromo wrote:
>> Thus spake x3v0-usenet@yahoo.com, 21 Apr 2005 07:19:09 -0700, Anno
>Domini:
>>

>>>What makes you think this is a scam? I suppose people think
>everything
>>>they read on usenet is a scam. This doesn't seem to be the best place
>>>to look for help.
>>

>> What guarantee do we have it's not? Will you support real money
>> transactions? Perhaps Usenet isn't the best place to look if you
>can't
>> handle a bit of heat mate ;-)
>>

>No, I thought I covered that. The site will NOT support real money
>transactions. It has eBay-like auctions, except that game currency is
>used for bidding.
>
>It also supports trading, i.e. people put up an item for trade and
>enter what sort of items they are looking for in exchange. Other users
>can then offer other items. When the trade closes the seller chooses
>which offer to accept.
>
>I am not for, and will never allow my site to support, real-money
>tansactions.
>
>I guess you'll just have to wait and see though. The site will open
>soon. If only I could find some help..
>
>- Xev

Let us know - I will remain skeptical until I am proven otherwise ;-)

(Btw - what will you have to offer to EQ2, a mmorpg that already has
extensive trading mechanics, both in-game & on forums?)

--
A killfile is a friend for life.