Looking for new router; I need input

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommis15

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
I recently upgraded my internet package from 10mbps(down),1mbps(up) to 30mbps(down),10mbps(up)...

I have a belkin f9k1102v1... and it's good for garbage... Wirelessly and with a cable, on a 30mbps(down) and 10mbps(up) I only get 9mbps(down) and 1mbps(up). I tested with a cable directly from the modem to the pc and it give the speed that I'm supposed to get. This router is too slow.

I run a home ftp server and run game servers at the same time. I need a reliable router that has port forwarding, has dhcp reservation and that could be upgraded to dd-wrt-tomato and back to the original firmware pretty easily.

The new router needs to be non belkin, non d-link.

Any suggestions?

f9k1102v1=Belkin N600 DB, it says the speeds are supposed to be 300mbps, something is seriously wrong that I could only achieve 9mbps

RealBeast

Titan
The best N router available is the ASUS RT-N66U, which does run Tomato. HERE is a fairly complete review of it. I've used a number of them and am still impressed with the job they do.

Note that there is a specific build of Tomato for it (and a few other units).

tommis15

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Thanks for the advice, I reset the router using the factory reset feature and it provided me with the correct speeds (like it was supposed to). No need to buy anything now, but in the future when I look into routers I'll look into the ASUS ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.