Question Looking for UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) Recommendations

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
I need a new UPS but I could really use some recommendations and advice, please.

Requirements:
  • Must be 1000w output or more (I have a meter on my outlet, at full load with all monitors and peripherals it can pull around 900w from the wall)
  • Must have external battery terminals for Deep cycle / leisure / solar batteries
  • Must be compatible with high capacity 12v batteries; 150Ah minimum, 200-300Ah preferred
Nice to have but not essential:
  • USB interface to connect to a PC would be helpful so the PC knows it's on a battery
  • Work fine with multiple batteries in parallel so I could add 2x 100Ah batteries to make one single 200Ah 12v backup (not serial)

I've been looking at this one Kemot ProSinus 1200w which has a few good reviews but it's not very well known and doesn't have the USB interface so my PC wouldn't know it on battery which is a shame.
Any recommendations or advice would be really appreciated, thank you.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I must ask while 1200w isn't excessive, your additional requirements for something meant to connect to a PC, are.

I just don't think what you want exists, you're trying to connect 2 different markets. 1200w and USB for a PC is easy. External terminals and extra battery capacity doesn't really exist in the PC compatible market.

Reactions: Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
You're located in Lithuania, which may or may not affect our suggestions since product availability can and will vary from one region to the next. Should we use your link provided above to help you narrow down an UPS or is there more that you've got access to? You might find a 1200W UPS...or even a lower tier UPS and then pair that with an IPS but you won't get USB support, I'm sure of that.

Furthermore, please parse the specs to the system which will be fed by the UPS. Please list the specs to the system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
You're located in Lithuania, which may or may not affect our suggestions since product availability can and will vary from one region to the next. Should we use your link provided above to help you narrow down an UPS or is there more that you've got access to? You might find a 1200W UPS...or even a lower tier UPS and then pair that with an IPS but you won't get USB support, I'm sure of that.

Furthermore, please parse the specs to the system which will be fed by the UPS. Please list the specs to the system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Sorry for the confusion, I'm not located in Lithuania, although I am in a small European country, that was just a link to the UPS I had to hand, I didn't realise it was Lithuania.

I understand about the USB support that's no problem, as I said it would be nice but not essential.
I would most likely have to order from a major retailer in the UK, Netherlands, or Germany as supply in this country is quite poor, 95% of everything I purchase other than groceries is online from the UK or Germany and shipped to me here as that can very often be cheaper than trying to order something here, especially electronics.

What would be connected to the UPS:

5950X​
ASUS/ROG X570​
64GB RAM​
2x 2TB NVME, 2x 4TB SATA SSD​
RTX 3080Ti​
Seasonic 1000w​
Wall mounted, 2x separate customer loops, overclock on CPU, RAM, GPU​
Win 10​
1x 43" 4k panel, 2x 32" peripheral displays​
Other:​
NAS​
Modem and Router​
DAC/AMP​
Speakers​
Condenser mic​
Printer <<< Because the company I work for doesn't know it's 2022 :)
[Edit] I listed everything in detail as I know saying I need a 1000w or 1200w UPS sounds excessive, and also wanting a 200-300Ah battery seems overkill but that is what I realistically need.

I need it to able to run 400w (average load while I'm working) for 60-90mins, hence the large batteries

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS