Hello,

I'm looking for a gaming laptop that meets the following:

Budget: $1,800

GPU: 2070 or better

CPU: 10th gen intel I7 or equivalent AMD

Monitor: minimum 144hz ideally greater than 1080p and 15"

SSD: 512 GB

Ram: 16 GB and upgradable to 32 GB.

Good thermals: I do not want to have to buy external cooling to play at decent framerate

Battery life: 2 hours or greater.

Overall I just want really good hardware at a value. Gimmicks, cosmetic features, speakers, thickness, weight ect.. mean nothing to me if they come at a cost to the items I mentioned above. Currently I have my eye on the razer blade 15 (2070, 10750H) . However, if other laptop vendors that offer similar hardware at a lower price I'd definitely consider that! Thank you for any recommendations!

The biggest benefit of the Razer Blade models is their smaller size. At least you picked a realistic batter life for a gaming laptop, any model should get you about 2 hours with decent use on battery.

I would look at the systems from MSI, Clevo, Sager, those tend to be sturdy and with good heat handling. Take a look at www.xoticpc.com and see what they have, it's my favorite site for gaming laptops, very well sorted and you can add on options like changing the thermal paste to a higher end one.

Jan 23, 2021
Razer Blade 15 can be a very good choice for you but for me, when it comes to gaming laptops, I am a big fan of Alienware laptops so I would suggest you to consider Alienware 17 R5. Another good option for you would be Dell G7 17 7790.