Question Looking to get a Voltage Stabilizer or UPS for an Xbox Series X

Dec 18, 2021
Hello all, hope this finds you well.

I bought an Xbox Series X, and I am using it in Pakistan. Sometimes, the voltage fluctuates and I experienced the on-off effect of my living room light.

Question 1
My plan was to invest in a stabilizer to counter these fluctuations. But, I saw in various threads from different sources that a UPS is better. I understand that UPS has a backup power supply during a black-out, and I need to save a lot till I can invest in those devices.

Other than a backup battery, is it fine to use a stabiizer for the console?

Question 2
I bought the console in UAE and was told by the sales guy that the console supports multi-voltage & frequency. Even though the plug type between the two countries is different, I already have a power strip - connected from the wall - that supports the plug type.

Without the power strip, my home electronics won't be connected because. Currently, the power strip I am using doesn't have any built-in protection.
What do I need to look for when buying a high-quality power strip?

I know that I need to make the right investment to see good results. So I would appreciate your feed back.

Lutfij

Titan
A stabilizer only stabilizes the voltage, no battery backup. An UPS has battery backup and can stabilize the voltage(not all models do this, mind you)...which is what you want since you need to safely shut down your device in the event that the power cuts out.

Dec 18, 2021
A stabilizer only stabilizes the voltage, no battery backup. An UPS has battery backup and can stabilize the voltage(not all models do this, mind you)...which is what you want since you need to safely shut down your device in the event that the power cuts out.

Perfect, thanks.

The last thing to ask; is there a formula that I can use to calculate the size of UPS needed to support different electronic devices?

D

Deleted member 14196

Look at Tripplite voltage regulator. I would get both personally.

https://www.tripplite.com/1200w-120...tion-avr-ac-surge-protection-4-outlets~lc1200

I only use trip light for all my electrical power needs

Get the uninterruptible power supply as well and plug it into the voltage regulator

With that unit above, I’ve seen momentary power outages, and that thing has survived with no battery—pc keeps running . It’s that good, but I would add a battery back up just for safety.