Question Looking to upgrade from a gigabyte 1050ti to a 1660s mainly for gaming and maybe some rendering in the future

Jun 12, 2021
Alright, so I was looking at GTX 1660s-s to upgrade from my 1050ti. I found this one (It's cheap and that's what I'm looking for in the current market) (https://www.jarcomputers.com/PNY-NV...TWIN-FAN_prod_VCRPNYVCG16606SDFPPB.html#techs) which is a PNY GeForce GTX 1660 Super Twin Fan. I was wondering if this gpu is any good or if I should stay away from it.
Any further recommendations would also be welcome if you have any. I'm looking for something that could possibly run something like the new battlefield and dying light 2 (Newer games generally) at 1650X1050 at maybe medium-high graphics with good fps.

What powersupply do you have?
Are you sure the rest of your pc (cpu, ram, etc...) meet the system requirement for the above mentioned games?
That GPU itself is solid, 2 fan design which will be enough to cool that card, the card requires one 6+2 (8) pin PCIe power cable, which is normal.
1660 Super should be able to smash through those games at that resolution, if again, the rest of your PC meets the system requirements.

Reactions: Fivegame27
Jun 12, 2021
What powersupply do you have?
Are you sure the rest of your pc (cpu, ram, etc...) meet the system requirement for the above mentioned games?
That GPU itself is solid, 2 fan design which will be enough to cool that card, the card requires one 6+2 (8) pin PCIe power cable, which is normal.
1660 Super should be able to smash through those games at that resolution, if again, the rest of your PC meets the system requirements.
I have to check up on exactly what it is but it's a 650 watt standart 80+ rating. And yes the rest of the pc is powerful enough (16 gigs of ram and ryzen 5 1600 and soon switching to ryzen 5 3600). Thank you for the reply.