Question Losing internet connection due to invalid IP configuration periodically

Jun 29, 2019
Hi, so I'll give you just a quick overview of my home network:
I have 1 DSL model that is connected to 2 1gb switches. Switch1 goes to the living room with tv, home-theater etc. connected to it. Switch2 is connected to switch1 (this specific "infrastructure" is for future proofing due to an expected optics in our part of the villiage) and has two wifi routers connected to it with one of them running dhcp. Switch3 is in my room with my desktop, ps4 and etc. connected to it, it's directly connected to modem. DHCP is running only on the wi-fi router on switch2, with about 6 reserved IP adresses for devices such as a printer, NAS server and Home-Assistant server. All cable-connected devices are connected to switches directly, wifi routers handle only wireless connections. I'll attach an image with the layout.
So what happens about once to twice a day is, that many (not all though) of my devices lose connection to the internet due to invalip IP config. From my observation, it happens only on cable connected devices (i see it on my desktop or ps4) and on devices wirelessly connected to wifi router1 on switch2 (printer, chromecast..). I am also unable to reach devices connected to router1 from my device connected to router2. The connection loss lasts about 1 minute, but that's enough for my IoT devices to cause me pain or for my printer to lose configuration, which means i need to restart it before it can be discoverable again. Do you have any ideas or suggestions what might be the problem?
Thank you!

65f71e4990eb6a29e73de63a175a1081-full.jpg

Jun 29, 2019
Hey, so I managed to get my DSL modem replaced for a new one, but the problem still persists. I have a strong suspicion that it is caused by DHCP server, but I am not sure. Also, just as I stated in my original post, the problem happens mainly on cable connected devices. Do you have any diagnostic tips and tricks, please?