Question Loud noises, forced shut down and sleep mode not working

DRickraft

Reputable
Dec 15, 2019
So basically 3 days ago my 3 y old PC started having problems... I guess that they are PSU related but I want your opinion.

- When I shut it down from Windows, it now does it instantly and not slowly as before (it makes the same sounds it always makes when I unplug the power cable)

- When I put it in sleep mode it now completely shutdowns making the same noises as I said before

- It starts making very loud noises randomly for no reason.

I don't get any loss in performance tho.
What do you think?
The PSU is so cheap I can't even find it on Google.

So basically 3 days ago my 3 y old PC started having problems... I guess that they are PSU related but I want your opinion.

- When I shut it down from Windows, it now does it instantly and not slowly as before (it makes the same sounds it always makes when I unplug the power cable)

- When I put it in sleep mode it now completely shutdowns making the same noises as I said before

- It starts making very loud noises randomly for no reason.

I don't get any loss in performance tho.
What do you think?
The PSU is so cheap I can't even find it on Google.
What are the full specs? If it's old and getting dust in there the fans will work harder. I don't recommend using sleep mode unless you're on a work computer and really need it. Better off with a SSD and just turning it off and on. Waking from sleep can cause issues.

DRickraft

Reputable
Dec 15, 2019
What are the full specs? If it's old and getting dust in there the fans will work harder. I don't recommend using sleep mode unless you're on a work computer and really need it. Better off with a SSD and just turning it off and on. Waking from sleep can cause issues.

Thank you for replying.

CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 8x2 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
HDD: 2 TB 7200 RPM
PSU: DOMINIUM HMW-650

I never put it in sleep mode (Unless it's inactive for 2+ hours). I'm doing it now because sometimes it temporarily fixes the loud noise.

I don't have an SSD, and if the PC does not shutdown properly, the fast boot doesn't work resulting in a 100% disk usage for 30-50 minutes after boot.

Thank you for replying.

CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 8x2 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
HDD: 2 TB 7200 RPM
PSU: DOMINIUM HMW-650

I never put it in sleep mode (Unless it's inactive for 2+ hours). I'm doing it now because sometimes it temporarily fixes the loud noise.

I don't have an SSD, and if the PC does not shutdown properly, the fast boot doesn't work resulting in a 100% disk usage for 30-50 minutes after boot.
Could be your hard drive. I'd do a health test for it