Question Low CPU/GPU usage, frame rate fluctuation

Aug 7, 2022
I have a laptop of the make HP Pavilion ec0066ax and the specs are listed as below:
CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3550H with Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics (2.1 GHz base clock, up to 3.7 GHz max boost clock, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Mobile
RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)
Storage: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
I have encountered stutters, low cpu and gpu usage and the only solution to it is resetting the PC. Everything runs at a decent performance after a reset but it starts to chug again after a week or two.
I have tried to perform a clean installation of the drivers using DDU but the performance doesn't change much as the stutters still remain( Especially in areas that need heavy loading)
Can I get a solution to this?

I don't know that I have a "solution" to this, but let's try to work through it. Right up front I'm going to tell you, don't expect instant solutions or miracles. They rarely happen no matter how adept a user, or technician, or enthusiast, or "IT" (Shudder) or whatever a person is. Sometimes, usually in fact, it takes a little patience and at least a moderate amount of work. Sure, we get lucky sometimes, instant fixes DO happen, but they are the exception and not the rule.

That being said, HAVE you checked to see if there is a BIOS update available for your specific model of laptop, and also, we are going to want to know the FULL model number of your laptop which should include it's specific SUB-model number or in some cases there will be some kind of "quick code" or "express service tag" that gives us EXACT information regarding that unit (Also you'll probably need this for an accurate BIOS update process) and all it's specific properties which could include a variety of options from sub model to sub model.

HAVE you considered doing a "clean install" of the whole Windows installation? Often, especially on laptops, the initial installations are horrific with bloatware and other crap on arrival, and that goes for most prebuilt desktop systems as well. And regardless, sometimes Windows just decides it's not going to play ball because of some conflicting crap on it whether registry settings or whatever, and you just have to clean install no matter what if for no other reason than to know you are starting with square one and can eliminate the OS from the list of usual suspects.