[SOLVED] Low FPS after reinstalling W10

Sep 1, 2019
Hello,

As the title say, i'm getting really low fps in games such as LoL and Forza Horizon 4 (a bit of a difference between these 2, but these are the only games i've played since i've reinstalled the Windows).

My specs are:
Ryzen 1600
16GB RAM
GTX 1080
Using a dual monitor setup: main monitor (2K) at 144hz and my secondary monitor (FHD)at 120hz (using it just for YouTube and so on; i am not playing games using both).

I ran into this problem after trying to update my PC to the latest W10 and i ran into a loop. After i've restarted my PC so the update could be installed, the PC would "flash"both of my monitors at the user's loading screen. Flashing meaning shutting off signal every 3-4 seconds.
Didn't have the patience to search for a solution so i've reinstalled the OS, keeping all other partitions so I do not lose all my data. Used Driver Booster to mass-install all the available drivers, restarted and started to install my usual programs (Steam, Spotify and such). Opened the game (in this case League of Legends) and joined a game. I was getting around 60 fps with the worst fps drop at 25. I must say that before the reinstall i was getting 150+ fps while watching a live stream on my second monitor. Now, with only the game running, i am getting 60. I've tried a bunch of things, running CCleaner, Malwarebytes to fix my junk files and my registries. After setting my computer to High performance (batterysave and the control panel option where your font gets distorted ) i am able to run the game in Low-medium specs with 100 fps with drops to 50-60. Without another program running in the background. About Forza Horizon 4, even worse. I've got lag in the menu, i don't even need to join a game to have stutters and spikes.

Running games on my PC, with those specs, I expect way better results. I am aware that there might be a bit of a bottleneck between my CPU and my GPU, but all the games i've played (before installing the windows again) ran very, very smooth. Even on high-ultra textures.

Also, the Windows itself seems a bit slow. Even when typing i notice a delay.

I've tried to enable Game-Boost in my BIOS, but that doesn't help. I've seen no difference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Solution
There's no need in running cc or mwb on a clean install. I also would not use driver booster, just get whatever drivers you need (pretty much just gpu and chipset, or any periphials windows can't find drivers for) in a folder on a different partition than system, and then install them after Windows. I would also reset the Bios to default.

Remeca

Reputable
There's no need in running cc or mwb on a clean install. I also would not use driver booster, just get whatever drivers you need (pretty much just gpu and chipset, or any periphials windows can't find drivers for) in a folder on a different partition than system, and then install them after Windows. I would also reset the Bios to default.

Solution
Sep 1, 2019

I can understand to an extent. But why would I reset the BIOS if before i did not ran into any problems?