Question Low fps, high usage, need help!

Oct 1, 2022
So i've recently bought a new laptop, this was for my study, since i game as well i thought why not just buy a gaming laptop so i can do both on them. I bought a MSI stealth 15m, this laptop contains

(the important info)

• intel core i7-11375H.
  • 16 GB RAM (DDR4).
  • Nvidia RTX 3060.

Since this has quite some good components in there. But for some sh*t reason this laptop doesnt perform the way it should. Here are some game FPS documentations

- Minecraft - (97-99 GPU usage)

Vanilla (fancy) - 80 FPS
Optifine (fancy) - 110 FPS
Shaders (various ones) 15 - 40 FPS

- Fortnite -

Performance mode - 200 FPS (Creative) 100 FPS (battle royale)

DirectX12 (💀) 97-99 (GPU usage)

Everything epic - 30 FPS

Everything high en disabling ray tracing and other special shades - 40 FPS

Everything medium - 60 FPS

- Medieval dynasty - (98-99 GPU usage)

Ultra - 30FPS

High - 34FPS

medium - 43FPS

low - 49 FPS.

These are just some examples. It's weird and i've spent way too long trying to fix it. Since i work with devices and components/hardware, I've really tried everything. So don't come to me with. Is your laptop plugged in or do you have your drivers updated. Trust me i have common sense about electronics but this issue.. i can't seem to figure out. Anyone suggestions?

its laptop, so id look at gpu/cpu clocks, temperatures and power limits
do you have some monitoring apps installed? such as msi afterburner OSD or hwinfo64

next thing, what drivers are you using, generic nvidia/intel drivers may appear to work, but since its laptop and its OEM customised, those customisations may not work with generic drivers, so preferably use OEM provided drivets, as those are tested with your device...that includes driver tweaks for your device (if OEM did hardware customisation)

Reactions: CrazyCube
Oct 1, 2022
its laptop, so id look at gpu/cpu clocks, temperatures and power limits
do you have some monitoring apps installed? such as msi afterburner OSD or hwinfo64

next thing, what drivers are you using, generic nvidia/intel drivers may appear to work, but since its laptop and its OEM customised, those customisations may not work with generic drivers, so preferably use OEM provided drivets, as those are tested with your device...that includes driver tweaks for your device (if OEM did hardware customisation)
Already looked at that. Temperatures are also horrible sometimes reaching degrees of 90 degrees. While doing nothing on it except idk Word. The drivers are just the standard, the latest, i was thinking maybe in the bios. But i'm not that familiar with the advanced, advanced bios settings.

Zenking9497

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
My first suggestion as a previous laptop owner is to make sure its not on a flat or clothe surface, if its just laying on your legs then it isn't getting proper airflow, you can buy special made "ramp" style trays that you can lay it on, or in a pinch a 2x2 or 1x2 plank under the bottom where the display is, then recheck thermals!

Oct 1, 2022
My first suggestion as a previous laptop owner is to make sure its not on a flat or clothe surface, if its just laying on your legs then it isn't getting proper airflow, you can buy special made "ramp" style trays that you can lay it on, or in a pinch a 2x2 or 1x2 plank under the bottom where the display is, then recheck thermals!
Even when lifting the back it still doesnt work.