System specifications:
Laptop: Acer Aspire 7 A715-75g
cpu: i5 9300h 4c/8t
ram: 8gb DDR4 2666mhz
gpu: 1650ti 4gb gddr6
storage: 512gb nvme (80gb space free)
around 8-9 months old

The problem:
this issue has been troubling me for a long time, which is performance issues with csgo on windows 10. why did i specifically mention windows 10? because on linux (ubuntu, pop_os and garuda linux tested, similar results), which uses opengl for rendering, runs the game just fine and gives me high fps without any frame drops or stuttering.

but csgo on windows is a nightmare, theres quite a significant amount of unbearable stuttering despite the fps being over 100...100-120 on windows, 160-190 on linux.
what's funny is that i get good fps without any stuttering on high graphics settings @1080p in linux but low fps and stuff, being on low settings 1080p in windows.

for linux the driver version was 470.86
for windows i have tried the driver provided by my laptop manufacturer i.e 451.xx, then 471.68 and the latest one, 496.76 with 471.68 performing best but still inadequate.

using nvidia's performance monitoring overlay i've seen that on windows the gpu and cpu utilisation stays well below 50% and even 40% in some cases and the 1% lows are as low as 20fps or 30fps... why is this the case? am i missing something?

Lutfij

Titan
512gb nvme (80gb space free)
first off, you're advised to have at least 50% of your SSD empty to ensure that it runs optimally. Secondly, since you're on Linux and Windows, which OS did you install first prior to performing a dual boot?

As for your laptop, which BIOS version are you on at the time of writing?

Speaking of Windows 10, where did you source the installer for your OS and which version(not edition) are you working with for Windows 10?

Jul 20, 2018
512gb nvme (80gb space free)
first off, you're advised to have at least 50% of your SSD empty to ensure that it runs optimally. Secondly, since you're on Linux and Windows, which OS did you install first prior to performing a dual boot?
unfortunately im not in a position to expand storage. and i installed linux after windows (i.e windows first)

As for your laptop, which BIOS version are you on at the time of writing?
version 2.03 dated 23/06/2021 (dd/mm/yy)

Speaking of Windows 10, where did you source the installer for your OS and which version(not edition) are you working with for Windows 10?
used the official windows 10 installer (media creation tool) from microsoft's website. windows 10 version is 21h1

Jul 20, 2018
seems like turning off nvidia's instant replay feature got rid of most of the stuttering and jankiness. but it's still there, although not as much annoying. and fps is hovering between 80-100fps, still significantly lower than what i get on linux

Jul 20, 2018
follow up, i know i am late but atleast i solved the problem. I felt like something was off, the laptop was overheating and gpu and cpu were reaching 84c (highest temps before thermal throttling started) very quickly. took laptop to a service center to repaste the thermal paste, turns out theres a huge load of dust blocking the air exhaust vents which resulted in laptop overheating more than normal. currently as im typing my fans arent even spinning and the unit is chilling at around 35c overall. temps dont go over 65c even during heavy loads so yea, dust was the main culprit.

TRENDING THREADS