[SOLVED] Low FPS in CSGO

NzBrat97

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
Hello I upgraded my gpu (from gigabyte gt 430 1gb to rog strix rx 470 4gb ) I had problems with my PSU and i fixed it by buying new PSU
When I installed csgo i was getting 100-535fps in the lobby but when I play deathmatch or something I am getting like 30-50 fps
I used DDU to remove nvdia drviers.
I am getting good fps in ARK Survival Evolved on Med-Epic settings (40-75 fps) with 4GB ram
PC Specifications:
CPU-Intel Q9550 2.83 GHz (I know bottle)
MB-G41MT-S2PT rev 1.1
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
GPU- ROG STRIX RX 470 4GB [My monitor supports only VGA so i bought from VGA to HDMI adapter]
PSU: 550W (I forgot the name ) I also use Molex to 6PIN PCI Express
HDD-500GB Hitachi

I am planning to buy more 4GB ram and should I format my PC [Thanks from now for the advices]
GPU max temps that i saw and MSI Afterburner reported was 65C but
CPU is running like 70-78C
And I don't use PC fans but I will start using at least one.
And when csgo is loading a map it's using 3.9 or even 4.04 and it stucks for 2-3 minutes and it goes down to 3.1-3.2 gb ram usage

Last edited:
Solution
A few things

First and most importantly Molex to PCIe is the worst thing you can use, Molex is horribly outdated and using it for a high draw thing like a graphics card is not recommended. Just because they sell adapters doesn't mean you should use them

Secondly your CPU is very dated and CSGO is a heavily CPU reliant game so there is a possibility that is a big issue.

Any decent PSU will have a 6pin power cable and that should be used with your 570.

You should have at least a one intake and one exhaust case fan on your PC.

4GB of RAM really isnt enough, 8Gb would be much better for any gaming computer.
A few things

First and most importantly Molex to PCIe is the worst thing you can use, Molex is horribly outdated and using it for a high draw thing like a graphics card is not recommended. Just because they sell adapters doesn't mean you should use them

Secondly your CPU is very dated and CSGO is a heavily CPU reliant game so there is a possibility that is a big issue.

Any decent PSU will have a 6pin power cable and that should be used with your 570.

4GB of RAM really isnt enough, 8Gb would be much better for any gaming computer.

Reactions: NzBrat97
Solution

NzBrat97

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
A few things

Ok thank you