[SOLVED] Low FPS on RTX 2060 Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3kki

Commendable
Jul 29, 2021
Hello I am getting low FPS on some games like Battlefield V or Warzone with my graphics card. I have gtx 1050 ti before, and in some games, performance is not higher. In Valorant I am getting only 40% of CPU and GPU usage. In Warzone on Battlefield I am getting pretty high CPU usage, but low GPU usage. I've seen lots of videos with this combination of CPU and GPU and they were fine.

My specs are:
Rtx 2060 Super
i5-9400F
16gb ram DDR4 2666mhz
Gigabyte Z370 HD3 Motherboard

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:
Solution
More cpu heavy games like Warzone and BF, 6 cores is lacking but 9400f is still decent enough to show improvements with a better gpu compared to the 1050ti, that you say is difficult to notice in other games. What other games?

Difference between your old gpu and new is huge. That's why i eluded toward Geforce Experience over optimising your games.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Do you use Geforce Experience to optimise? Based on quality slider in settings, it'll optimise accordingly and may not see a difference in frame rates if graphics are set higher.

Did you reinstall Geforce driver after change?

Should notice a great deal coming from a 1050ti but if cpu is already maxed out in some games, that in itself will limit the amount of frames the cpu is capable of dishing out for the graphics card.

R3kki

Commendable
Jul 29, 2021
Do you use Geforce Experience to optimise? Based on quality slider in settings, it'll optimise accordingly and may not see a difference in frame rates if graphics are set higher.

Did you reinstall Geforce driver after change?

Should notice a great deal coming from a 1050ti but if cpu is already maxed out in some games, that in itself will limit the amount of frames the cpu is capable of dishing out for the graphics card.

I already tried reinstalling drivers. And yes I am using geforce experience for optimise. In some games cpu is not even reaching 60% of usage

R3kki

Commendable
Jul 29, 2021
Well check what settings GE is changing. Settings like anti aliasing / resolution scaling, dsr factors, ray tracing etc.

I see, I don't have on raytracing or resolution scaling... I think it's the CPU Problem, It's nearly bottlenecking. But I've seen videos with same cpu.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
More cpu heavy games like Warzone and BF, 6 cores is lacking but 9400f is still decent enough to show improvements with a better gpu compared to the 1050ti, that you say is difficult to notice in other games. What other games?

Difference between your old gpu and new is huge. That's why i eluded toward Geforce Experience over optimising your games.

Solution

R3kki

Commendable
Jul 29, 2021

Games like Valorant same performance as my gtx 1050 ti and it's using low cpu and gpu usage, Fortnite on competitive settings (worse) But when I turn quaility up its the same fps as low settings and my cpu is not on max usage, even if i change resolution. I know I need good CPU on Warzone, But I saw lots of benchmarks with exact same CPU and graphic card. And they have getting around 120fps on ultra. In Warzone I have more FPS on higher settings I think It's because my CPU is limiting and when is 100% of cpu usage It can't go higher. I thought It's problem by PSU, It's 500W and almost 4 years old. But optimising games in Geforce Experince didn't resolved the problem.

R3kki

Commendable
Jul 29, 2021
So you tried using GE afterwards noticing hardly any change after upgrade?

Can you run userbench test website and link to results and post a screencap of gpuz too please.

Could be the psu, what make and model is it?

Hello, So there is the benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45441443
I don't know PSU model, but I know its 500 W and nearly 4 years old.

And this is GPU-Z screencap:
2uc.png

boju

Titan
Ambassador
All looks normal above, no fake card (was hoping not from gpuz picture) and nothing out of the ordinary at userbench. Really i think your fps issues is with how GE sets game settings too high for some. Not sure if you had issues prior but i'd look at that and maybe not use GE at all. I personally dislike and don't use it.

R3kki

Commendable
Jul 29, 2021
All looks normal above, no fake card (was hoping not from gpuz picture) and nothing out of the ordinary at userbench. Really i think your fps issues is with how GE sets game settings too high for some. Not sure if you had issues prior but i'd look at that and maybe not use GE at all. I personally dislike and don't use it.

Alright, Can you tell me what exactly I must change in GE? Screenshots will help more.

R3kki

Commendable
Jul 29, 2021
Ram is 2666 running at 2666, nothing wrong there. All settings GE changes, experiment your self, like we had to back in the day, maybe you'll learn something.

Today I tried uninstalling and installing drivers again. These settings are just settings in-game and it didn't helping me resolving the problem. Today I tried uninstalling and installing drivers again. The CPU is just using 100% while gpu is around 25%... This keep doing when I turn resolutin down.

The CPU is just using 100% while gpu is around 25%
That's a clear cpu bottleneck. No way around it. You need a better CPU to achieve better performance.

From your userbenchmark I saw your SSD almost full which is causing a huge slow down on read and write speeds. Basically anything less than 30% of free space on a SSD makes it run at almost HDD speeds.
I've seen lots of videos with this combination of CPU and GPU and they were fine.
That videos did they use the same ram? Same motherboard? Same bios? Same chipset drivers? Same windows updates? Same game patch? Same GPU drivers?

Till all these are the same or extremely close, don't expect same performance.

R3kki

Commendable
Jul 29, 2021
That's a clear cpu bottleneck. No way around it. You need a better CPU to achieve better performance.

From your userbenchmark I saw your SSD almost full which is causing a huge slow down on read and write speeds. Basically anything less than 30% of free space on a SSD makes it run at almost HDD speeds.

That videos did they use the same ram? Same motherboard? Same bios? Same chipset drivers? Same windows updates? Same game patch? Same GPU drivers?

Till all these are the same or extremely close, don't expect same performance.

So I have recently bought a new CPU i7-9700K and It didn't help a lot. Even when the usage is high CPU and GPU, I am getting low fps in warzone like (80-90) sometimes drop under 60. It only help in Battlefield 5 but not as much in other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.