Question Low GPU Usage In Direct x 9 Games [RADEON R9 280X]

Aug 27, 2020
Hi.

I recently bought R9 280X second hand and noticed very low GPU usage in older games. When i ran Witcher 3 or Euro Truck Simulator 2 everything worked fine without any issues FPS was great, GPU usage at 99% etc.(My CPU is not getting hot or bottlenecking my GPU, temperature is around 60-70* when playing games, and GPU usage is at 99% in games with newer Direct x, im using i5-3470) I also tried Skyrim (the original one) and it had the same issue i mentioned before (it runs on Direct x 9 like many other older games) then later i tried Skyrim Special Edition and guess what it ran fine.. The difference is that special edition uses Direct x 11 unlike the original one. I also tested it on Mount & Blade Warband and it has the same issue also like original Skyrim (also Direct x 9 game). Does anyboy have this problem?

List of things i tired:

Reinstalling drivers (First reinstalling it from windows then using DDU in safe mode) - Didn't work

Doing a fresh install of Windows 7 - Didn't work (on windows 10 it's the same btw)

Installing old drivers after a fresh install - Didn't work (well i tested one driver but it was the oldest i could find from 2016)

Changing settings in AMD driver software - Didn't work (i didn't have radeon chill enabled, even tried enabling it but it was the same.)

I read once about AMD having issues with Direct x 9 games, but i thought they fixed it already idk..

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Check and see which BIOS version your motherboard is currently on.

Aug 27, 2020
My specs are:

CPU: i5-3470

MOTHERBOARD: DELL 7010 (Bios version A29)

RAM: 4GB DDR3 (Running at 1333Mhz)

PSU: TRACER HIGHLANDER 600W (i don't how old it is i bought it some time ago and it was second hand psu and i know it's not the best one but it does the job)

GPU: RADEON R9 280X 3GB

HDD: SAMSUNG HD090HJ/P