[SOLVED] Low range of a Class 1 USB Bluetooth adapter

Jun 3, 2020
I bought a HAMA H-53188 USB Bluetooth dongle. It was recognized without any problem by my Windows 10 PC and I had no trouble while connecting my bluetooth headset to the PC.

The problem is the range the dongle provides. Despite that it's declared as a Class 1 Bluetooth adapter the signal starts interrupting at a distance of a few meters without any barrier between the headset and the dongle. The same headset keeps connection to my phone and my laptop at a distance much more than that even not being on line-of-sight. The manufacturer provides no special drivers for the dongle.

What's wrong with the dongle? Is it broken? Do I have to make some settings to unleash its full potential?

I bought a HAMA H-53188 USB Bluetooth dongle. It was recognized without any problem by my Windows 10 PC and I had no trouble while connecting my bluetooth headset to the PC.

The problem is the range the dongle provides. Despite that it's declared as a Class 1 Bluetooth adapter the signal starts interrupting at a distance of a few meters without any barrier between the headset and the dongle. The same headset keeps connection to my phone and my laptop at a distance much more than that even not being on line-of-sight. The manufacturer provides no special drivers for the dongle.

What's wrong with the dongle? Is it broken? Do I have to make some settings to unleash its full potential?
Probably just poor antenna in it.