DropkickJeremy

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015
Low Virtual Memory crash

Was playing tarkov and got a BSOD with Kernel Mode Heap Corruption. I checked the event viewer log and this is what I see. “Event 2004, Resource-Exhaustion-Detector.” “Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: EscapeFromTarkov.exe (15012) consumed 51276963840 bytes, Firefox.exe (16108) consumed 839938048 bytes, and RadeonSoftware.exe consumed 550813696 bytes.” If I’m reading that correctly, is that saying tarkov was using 51gb of virtual memory? I don’t quite understand how or why that would happen. Any info on what I can do to ensure it doesn’t happen again, or if my pc is somehow causing it? It’s happened to me twice now, about a month apart. The one last month I had a ryzen 5 3600, 16gb ram, x570 mobo, and 5700xt sapphire pulse. I upgraded a week ago to 5800x3d processor and 32gb ram, so the error happened once before and once after updating. I’m also using a 250 gb ssd for my windows and separate 1tb ssd for my games I’ve played fairly frequently in between with no problems, so I’m just a little confused as to what is causing this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

If I’m reading that correctly, is that saying tarkov was using 51gb of virtual memory? I don’t quite understand how or why that would happen.
That would indicate a memory leak.
Any info on what I can do to ensure it doesn’t happen again, or if my pc is somehow causing it?
Limit length of your gaming sessions. Close the game between sessions.

DropkickJeremy

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015
CPU: ryzen 5800x3d
CPU cooler: Peerless Assassin SE
Motherboard: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Ram: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz
SSD/HDD: 1 TB ssd, 250gb ssd for windows
GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700xt
PSU: 650w Platinum 80+ Evga Supernova P2
Chassis: NZXT
Monitor: Viewsonic 144hz gaming monitor
Bios is the newest version, 5003 I believe. Power supply is about 5 years old.