[SOLVED] Low vram usage!!

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
Hello so i have been noticing that my computer has been underperforming and getting really loud at some times so i tried to reset windows but nothing still the same so i tried benchmarking it and checking in task manager and noticed at 100% usage in games its only using 1 gb of VRAM from 6GB its supposed to have so please if anyone can help i will appreciate it greatly
HERE IS A USERBENCHMARK LINK FOR MY RIG: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/27841021

Solution
Games will only use the VRAM they need. The higher the game settings and resolution the higher the VRAM usage.

Looking at user benchmark results the reason for poor performance is most likely your single channel RAM, that really hurts performance. Also in cpu heavy games a quad core/thread cpu is going to be limiting. Trouble is RAM is best bought in matched kits to avoid issues so the best option is buying a 2x8gb kit and selling your 1x8gb.

What games are you having problems with? What are their FPS in game? What are your cpu and gpu usages in game?
Games will only use the VRAM they need. The higher the game settings and resolution the higher the VRAM usage.

Looking at user benchmark results the reason for poor performance is most likely your single channel RAM, that really hurts performance. Also in cpu heavy games a quad core/thread cpu is going to be limiting. Trouble is RAM is best bought in matched kits to avoid issues so the best option is buying a 2x8gb kit and selling your 1x8gb.

What games are you having problems with? What are their FPS in game? What are your cpu and gpu usages in game?

Solution