LPCM through GTX 470 (LFE Redirection)

yusky03

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
It works great but I have one problem. When I configure it to a 5.1 setup and have it connected to my Sony STR-DH800 and I play a Stereo MP3 or anything without a LFE signal I get zero bass. If I set it up Stereo and have my Reciever set to Multi Stereo I get bass that can shake the house. So I got 2 choices. Good bass but only Stereo or 5.1 (or 7.1 when I get more speakers) and a useless Sub when I am playing Stereo content. Is there any system wide application (or setting... or ANYTHING) that will give me way better LFE redirection?

yusky03

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Not when the graphics card is sending a 5.1 LPCM signal. The STR-DH800 thinks it is already there. If there was such a setting and I did play something that was 5.1 I would be getting way more bass then I should.

yusky03

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I tried listening to it again and "Bass Management" was an option now under the Enhancement tab. Now I have a slightly less annoying problem. When Bass Management is enabled the volume is locked at 50%. I turn everything to 100% and the green volume bar only goes up 50% of the length of the bar... I disable Bass Management and the green bar fills the whole volume bar.