Question Lubing squeaky T7 Wired Gaming Mouse - Use dielectric grease?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Gaming Mouse Wired, Biijok Ergonomic Gaming Mice Programmable with 16 Million Colors Backlight, 7 Buttons, 5 DPI Settings Up to 7200 DPI Computer Mouse for Computer Laptop PC Mac Windows-Black : Amazon.ca: Video Games

Pictek Gaming Mouse T7 Review | Technical Functions | Software MACRO BUTTON SET UP - YouTube

For the past 2 years my mouse scroll wheel squeaks whenever I scroll up, but not down for some reason. I bought some dielectric grease a few months ago and thought I might as well try using it to lube my mouse scroll wheel since I heard it works.

I can't seem to find any videos showing how to disassemble this mouse and apply grease to the wheel axis though. I'm having a good amount of resistance from opening up my mouse along the sides which pop up when I stick a guitar pick into it, but it won't pop open.

Do all mice have screws of some sort that prevent them from being opened up? I don't see any screws that are hidden unless they are behind the plastic paddings which I believe would be hard to put back on.
View: https://imgur.com/a/b3jVioX

Can the grease be easily applied externally to the "Axis" wheel once opened up like in this video or do I need to take it apart to lube it? Would using a cotton swab be a bad idea, and is using a toothpick better to apply grease?
View: https://youtu.be/kqgw7euxwWU?t=195

Additionally, can most of these kind of mice be safely cleaned with 70% isopropyl alcohol? I heard it damages the rubber coating for touch feel, but I've been cleaning mine with alcohol and I don't feel any difference. Maybe some don't have them?

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Screws are generally under the corner pads.
And yes, they are a pain to put back on.

Superglue. Carefully.
So you're saying that I likely DO have to remove those plastic paddings and that's where the screws would be? Do all mice have screws, or maybe I should try applying more force?

You're saying that I should apply super glue to put back the plastic pads, or it's hard to remove the casing because the mouse uses super glue to stay on?

USAFRet

Titan
So you're saying that I likely DO have to remove those plastic paddings and that's where the screws would be? Do all mice have screws, or maybe I should try applying more force?

You're saying that I should apply super glue to put back the plastic pads, or it's hard to remove the casing because the mouse uses super glue to stay on?
Yes, the screws are probably under those pads.
The superglue is to reattach.

Reactions: ShangWang

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Yes, the screws are probably under those pads.
The superglue is to reattach.
Hi again, I was wondering if you actually knew whether or not dielectric grease is ok to use on the mouse wheel axis to stop the squeaking or not.

I decided a while back to just get a new mouse, but a lot of the budget ones just did not feel comfortable and I feel this cheap mouse was the one for me.

Maybe traxxas 30k oil would work better? Both the grease and oil I have are silicone based, would they both work safely and won't eat at the plastic?

Might the grease work less well because it is thicker and might gunk up the mouse wheel/make the wheel feel slow and clunky?

USAFRet

Titan
Hi again, I was wondering if you actually knew whether or not dielectric grease is ok to use on the mouse wheel axis to stop the squeaking or not.

I decided a while back to just get a new mouse, but a lot of the budget ones just did not feel comfortable and I feel this cheap mouse was the one for me.

Maybe traxxas 30k oil would work better? Both the grease and oil I have are silicone based, would they both work safely and won't eat at the plastic?

Might the grease work less well because it is thicker and might gunk up the mouse wheel/make the wheel feel slow and clunky?
Cheap mouse == cheap parts.
I imagine "grease" would not be a good idea.

Oftentimes the glue holding the mouse feet in place will remain tacky after removing them, so you might not even need to superglue them back on, so long as you keep the sticky side clean and don't handle it to further damage the glue. That could vary depending on the mouse though. And yes, that's usually where the screws are to hold the two halves of a mouse together. Another potential location would be under a label on the underside of the mouse, though I would check the feet first.

You should also make sure you are careful not to lose little pieces if anything comes apart when opening the mouse, and pay attention to how they went together. Sometimes the mouse wheel clicker mechanism will be made of multiple parts that fit together, for example.

Reactions: ShangWang

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Oftentimes the glue holding the mouse feet in place will remain tacky after removing them, so you might not even need to superglue them back on, so long as you keep the sticky side clean and don't handle it to further damage the glue. That could vary depending on the mouse though. And yes, that's usually where the screws are to hold the two halves of a mouse together. Another potential location would be under a label on the underside of the mouse, though I would check the feet first.

You should also make sure you are careful not to lose little pieces if anything comes apart when opening the mouse, and pay attention to how they went together. Sometimes the mouse wheel clicker mechanism will be made of multiple parts that fit together, for example.
Got it, thanks for the advice!