Question M.2 SSD issue on Asus Tuf Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 ?

Swhitlock

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2014
So today I finally got some parts in to upgrade my build.

Changed my motherboard and processor out. When I went boot my PC I noticed one of my SSD's were not showing in bios nor in windows after launching, but the other works just fine.
I tried to updating the BIOS, downloading chipset drivers, moving it to every slot, seat and reseat, CSM on and off, nothing. I rehooked up my old motherboard and it started up fine so there is nothing wrong with the SSD.

I am now at a loss on what to do. ASUS has been less then helpful and it seems to be a common issue with z690 boards and I can't find a fix.

Any tips?

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4
Processor: intel i9-12900k
RAM - 32gigs ddr4
GPU: Zotac rtx 3070
SSD: WD 1TB blue 3D NAND (WDS100T2B0B) - This is the one that doesn't work.
SSD: WD 512GB Black performance SSD PCIe NVMe (WDS512G1X0C) - The one that does work
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850

What was your old mobo and CPU?
You encounter the classic situation : when the old and new one are to different, only real solution is a complete reinstallation of Windows.
This will of course wipe out all data and programs on the SSD.
So first thing, back up everything you wish to keep

Swhitlock

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2014
What was your old mobo and CPU?
You encounter the classic situation : when the old and new one are to different, only real solution is a complete reinstallation of Windows.
This will of course wipe out all data and programs on the SSD.
So first thing, back up everything you wish to keep

Old CPU: Intel i7-9700k
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac LGA 1151

The SSD: WD 512GB Black performance SSD PCIe NVMe is the one with windows on it and it runs fine in every slot. You think I need to reinstall windows for it recognize what is basically just extra storage device in BIOS?

USAFRet

Titan
Old CPU: Intel i7-9700k
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac LGA 1151

The SSD: WD 512GB Black performance SSD PCIe NVMe is the one with windows on it and it runs fine in every slot. You think I need to reinstall windows for it recognize what is basically just extra storage device in BIOS?
You changed motherboards, and are now seeing problems?

Fresh OS install is needed here.