[SOLVED] M.2 SSD Not recognized on laptop Asus rog GL752VW

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurush

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013
Hello,

I have a laptop Asus GL752VW with a Sata HDD and I want to upgrade and add a SSD.
The manual of the laptop says "The M.2 2280 slot supports either PCIe (NVMe) SSD or SATA SSD ".
Here is the link to the manual : https://asus-rog-gl752vw.rogdoc.com/en/chapter-5-upgrading-your-notebook-pc/installing-an-m-2-card/

I tried Asus Rog official forums, and the staff said that if the laptop is an European version it should be a Sata SSD.
From what I know, SATA SSD has 2 slits in the connector. In the M.2 slot on my PC there is only one slit. So maybe they didn't give me the correct info.
Since it's physically impossible to put the SATA SSD, I got the NVMe version. To make sure it's compatible, I checked the official crucial website and when I enter the model of my laptop ROG GL752VW, everything's good.

Here is the link that shows all compatible SSDs with my laptop : https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/ASUS/rog-gl752vw
If you click on View more, you will find the SSD that I bought : Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD known as CT1000P1SSD8

Everything is pointing out that it's compatible.

The issue is it's not recognized at all. Not in the BIOS, not in storage manager on windows and not on any program like Crucial Storage executive / Aida64 ...

I updated the BIOS (it's a bios uefi) to the latest version 303 and nothing show up.
I'm out of ideas, and need some help please.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: rtalmon
Solution
– Go to the “Boot” menu and look for CSM (Compatibility Support Module) and disable that option.

– In the same “Boot” menu, select “Secure boot” and disable it. Also, look for an option named “OS type” (if you have that one) and select “Other OS”.

– You should also find the so-called “Key management” option – clear all the secure boot keys if you have any.

– Use a bootable UEFI flash drive to install your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

From Laptopmedia
Apr 12, 2020
Hello,

I have a laptop Asus GL752VW with a Sata HDD and I want to upgrade and add a SSD.
The manual of the laptop says "The M.2 2280 slot supports either PCIe (NVMe) SSD or SATA SSD ".
Here is the link to the manual : https://asus-rog-gl752vw.rogdoc.com/en/chapter-5-upgrading-your-notebook-pc/installing-an-m-2-card/

I tried Asus Rog official forums, and the staff said that if the laptop is an European version it should be a Sata SSD.
From what I know, SATA SSD has 2 slits in the connector. In the M.2 slot on my PC there is only one slit. So maybe they didn't give me the correct info.
Since it's physically impossible to put the SATA SSD, I got the NVMe version. To make sure it's compatible, I checked the official crucial website and when I enter the model of my laptop ROG GL752VW, everything's good.

Here is the link that shows all compatible SSDs with my laptop : https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/ASUS/rog-gl752vw
If you click on View more, you will find the SSD that I bought : Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD known as CT1000P1SSD8

Everything is pointing out that it's compatible.

The issue is it's not recognized at all. Not in the BIOS, not in storage manager on windows and not on any program like Crucial Storage executive / Aida64 ...

I updated the BIOS (it's a bios uefi) to the latest version 303 and nothing show up.
I'm out of ideas, and need some help please.

Thanks in advance.

I have the exact same issue. Walked through the same steps and updated the BIOS but no luck. Really bummed out that the compatibility is clear, but the SSD isn’t even recognized.

– Go to the “Boot” menu and look for CSM (Compatibility Support Module) and disable that option.

– In the same “Boot” menu, select “Secure boot” and disable it. Also, look for an option named “OS type” (if you have that one) and select “Other OS”.

– You should also find the so-called “Key management” option – clear all the secure boot keys if you have any.

– Use a bootable UEFI flash drive to install your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

From Laptopmedia

Solution
also try UEFI windows 10 isntaller USB , look comment on the same laptop media page :

" I was having the same problem with N752VX and Samsung 950 Pro 256 GB. I managed to solve it by installing Windows from an UEFI installer (GPT-style partitioned USB stick, and I booted it in UEFI mode instead of Legacy mode). After that a new boot option came up in the firmware and it automatically booted the operating system. But when I booted the UEFI installer, even the installer did not warn me about not being able to boot from the selected device, as it did earlier, just like in your case. "

Feb 7, 2021
I have the exact same issue. Walked through the same steps and updated the BIOS but no luck. Really bummed out that the compatibility is clear, but the SSD isn’t even recognized.
Did you ever figure this out? I bought 1 TB .m2 PCIe NVMe on sale and the BIOS can't even see it... no good running the windows installer if the BIOS can't even detect the drive... I'd like to know specific specs of the SSD's that are compatible so that I can speed this machine up a bit...

USAFRet

Titan
Did you ever figure this out? I bought 1 TB .m2 PCIe NVMe on sale and the BIOS can't even see it... no good running the windows installer if the BIOS can't even detect the drive... I'd like to know specific specs of the SSD's that are compatible so that I can speed this machine up a bit...
What specific laptop do you have?
Please start a new thread for your particular situation.
This one is a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.