Apr 28, 2020
Currently installing an M.2 SSD I have 2 pci-e slots it can enter. In my pc currently I have a 128gb SSD for my OS which I’m looking to replace for this and I also have a 2TB storage for anything else. I install the new M.2 ssd into the first pci-e and it shows in Disk management, but does not show my 2TB drive? So I tried the second PCI-E slot and it shows my 2TB hard drive but does not show my new SSD in disk management? It’s almost like they can’t work in conjunction? Any help is appreciated :)

Solution
Use of a drive in the M.2 ports generally disables one or more SATA ports on the motherboard.
Look in your user manual to see which ones might be disabled.

Probably just as simple to move the 2TB HDD to a different SATA port. The user manual will tell you which ones.

USAFRet

Titan
Use of a drive in the M.2 ports generally disables one or more SATA ports on the motherboard.

Probably just as simple to move the 2TB HDD to a different SATA port. The user manual will tell you which ones.

Solution
Apr 28, 2020

Very useful thank you so much