Question M1 Chip reaching 96-97C on Blender renders, has this been normal for the M series chips?

Jul 26, 2022
I have been using Blender intensively for the past few weeks for my job and have the TG Pro widget open to monitor the temperatures to see how the unified architecture holds up for professional usage such as animation and rendering. Each material viewport and render on the M1 has led to the chip reaching 96C to 97C, which is quite shocking to me considering that even the most intensive gaming sessions and sometimes ML programs that I had on the machine only maxed out the temperatures at 70C. While the fans do a great job at only turning on when needed (I've seen the fans only activate when surpassing 70C and even then it's only for a short period) and still keeping quiet even when ramping up close to 2000 rpm, it's still a little concerning and makes me put doubt on Apple's marketing for their M series chips being built for professionals and surpassing the utility of Nvidia, AMD, and Intel at their own game. I would like to be optimistic in listing my specs and would like to assume 97C is only happening because it's the base model M1 MacBook Pro. But I would also like to know from other M series owners how their temperatures hold up towards programs such as Blender, CAD, or other demanding programs.

Specs:
M1 Macbook Pro
8 core CPU
8 core GPU
8 GB RAM
16 core Neural Engine

Some miscellaneous things:
Idle temperatures: 28C - 38C
512 GB SSD (~50% used)