Blittzin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me. I`m new to gaming rig builds. This is my first build. I`m using a asus m4n82 deluxe and I can`t find a plug for my monitor. Can anyone familiar with this mb tell me how I can use my monitor without having to plug into one of my graphics cards?

Solution
Blittzin, welcome back!

According to the specs:
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=acJsiQGEWJ7Fdp0m

VGA - Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 8 series GPU for NVIDIA Hybrid SLI™ support only (not for graphics output)

And no video outputs listed on the rear panel.

This board is designed to optimize the use of one or more add-on video cards. It doesn't have any of the 3 typical video outputs on the motherboard because it only has a chipset to assist a card you add yourself.

So, you have to plug in one of your graphics cards.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Blittzin, welcome back!

According to the specs:
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=acJsiQGEWJ7Fdp0m

VGA - Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 8 series GPU for NVIDIA Hybrid SLI™ support only (not for graphics output)

And no video outputs listed on the rear panel.

This board is designed to optimize the use of one or more add-on video cards. It doesn't have any of the 3 typical video outputs on the motherboard because it only has a chipset to assist a card you add yourself.

So, you have to plug in one of your graphics cards.

Solution

Blittzin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Thanks bud. I`m a noob but someday I`ll get to help you out. :bounce: I missed the boat on ddr 3 memory with this board and the best I can do to take advantage of the hybrid is up my 9500 gt`s to 9600 and that`s the best I`ll ever do with the ddr2 memory I`m locked into now. cooler master cm690 ocz modxstream pro 700 watt, asus m4n82 deluxe, dual nvidia 1gig 9500gt`s, 8 gigs ocz pc-6400 sli ready. amd phenom xII 545 callisto. 10 dollars more i coulda got the 550 unlocked black edition. hindsight is 20/20 Thanks again you`re a righteous dude.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Thanks man. And yes, I do post questions here at the forum too. It was only mid-August when I joined - having questions about the newest products because I was building my first new computer - for myself - in several years. And you lose track of a lot of info in a few years in this business. But, with over 25 yrs involved in PC work, I have a short learning curve! Before I knew it I was sucked in and helping others.

Sounds like you're doing great with your system - don't sweat the small things. And keep your ears open for a friend or relative that needs a nice cheap computer, shop around for a low-end all-in-one board and let them know you're giving them your old chip so you can upgrade. Everyone wins and you get your 550! Of course, it might not un-lock, LOL!