Madcatz F.R.E.Q TE7

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Hi all, got me a pair of Madcatz Tournament Edition headphones. Downloaded the software from there website and installed it, numerous times but cannot get them to work. When the software has installed and i click on it, it says "Can`t find any device". I have tried them in three different usb ports but nothing. Can any of you guys and girls help please.
Many thanks
Andy

sorryboi

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016
Check playback devices & device manager and see if they show. If it shows in device manager, try right-clicking and updating through there, using Search online for updated software.

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

I have done that and it does not show, it did only one time but after putting my pc into sleep mode and coming back to it, the headset did not work and was not visible in device manager.

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

I have tried that, at least 5 times, think i am going to take them back to the store. If they don`t work after reinstalling the software a number of times, don`t think they are ever going to work. Thank you for reply and thank you to everyone who replied.

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

Hi, yes they do have two jacks that plug into a adapter, i am thinking that is what give the 7.1 surround. But without me being able to access the software and not being able to use the audio adapter, would i get the full surround out of them. I have tried the jack in my sound card and they work but just sound like my old stereo pair.
I was thinking, not sure if this would work, I have found a pair of true 5.1 surround headphones, they have all the jack plugs and a usb for power. Now, as my surround sound speakers take up my sound card, could i plug them into my motherboard audio, would this work or not?.

sorryboi

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016
Was there a disc or hardware installation that came with the headset or did you just get the headset in your box?
Also, I know this may sound boring, but read any manual aswell.

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

No, there was no disc or hardware installation, just instructions on how to use the headset for consoles, smartphone and pc. I have done everything by the book. They do work from time to time but when i install the software, then they don`t, so i cannot configure them. They sound good, but no better then my 10/12 yr old headset, so this is why i think i need the software to work.

TRENDING THREADS