[SOLVED] Main monitor flickers when second one is turned on ?

Jan 9, 2021
Hello everyone! I have two AOC C24G1 monitors and they are both hooked up to my gpu with displayport. Sometimes I only have one of them on and when I turn the second one on I get a flickering on the main monitor for like a second. Is this normal for displayport or there is an issue with cables/monitors ?

Solution
Hello everyone! I have two AOC C24G1 monitors and they are both hooked up to my gpu with displayport. Sometimes I only have one of them on and when I turn the second one on I get a flickering on the main monitor for like a second. Is this normal for displayport or there is an issue with cables/monitors ?
It's normal in that...when you turn on the second monitor....lots of current flows very briefly to charge up capacitors and basically turn on the circuits.

This is called inrush current.

Because this current is relatively large it causes a brief voltage drop in the supply line.

This affects the other monitor.
It's normal in that...when you turn on the second monitor....lots of current flows very briefly to charge up capacitors and basically turn on the circuits.

Because this current is relatively large it causes a brief voltage drop in the supply line.

Reactions: Lotus1738
Solution
Jan 9, 2021

So what I understand from this is that It's completly normal and there is nothing to be worried about?