Question Major Issues with BSODs since Months. Getting on my nerves!

boris.klentix

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018
Hey There, I was starting to get BSODs ever since i tried to install OS. I've had them since 2019 but couldn't just simply care enough as they were sporadic and completely random, so I just couldn't care enough to troubleshoot.
I did change my RAM sticks thoug, with no end in BSODs sadly, then I changed my M2 SSD and tried to install OS again, no luck, constant BSODs when installing OS. After each try to "speedrun" the OS configuration, it did manage to install in the end. As I said, it's random so I don't know why it crashes.

Codes come in a variety:
Irql not less or equal
Driver irql not less or equal
kernel security check failure
system thread exception not handled
Dpc watchdog violation
Kmode exception not handled
even had one with "nwifi.sys" during OS install, so I suspect that <Mod Edit> integrated wifi from my trash Mobo
Also it has to do with load, I seem to get less BSODs when I play or use the PC, but when its idling on desktop, I often come back to a BSOD PC. I did crash a few times mid game tho.

My Hardware:
AMD 5 3600 (no OC applied)
Nvidia RTX 3070 FE (payed by a kidney)
32 GB RAM, 3200Mhz A-XMP G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C16-16GTZR
MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC
C Drive is a NVME M2 Crucial CT250MX300SSD1 1000GB

Mini Dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hOXgUAo7QIz6nUJs_H-f122ZTbzr5JD9/view?usp=sharing

Please, just help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

boris.klentix

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018
Okay this one had me surprised, I was expecting it to BSOD immediatly, but no. Steady 100 percent on both CPU and Memory for exactly 2 Hours.
I got a Enermax RevoBron 700W ATX24 since November 2018.

Dunno whats causing it, but I'll let it run for the night and send the MEM Dump if it BSODS

So weird :\

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/xt1ugf8e/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:040322-14875-01.dmp (Apr 3 2022 - 16:00:43)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)

File information:040322-14453-01.dmp (Apr 3 2022 - 01:28:15)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: NVIDIA Share.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:040322-14359-01.dmp (Apr 3 2022 - 04:52:12)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: Launcher.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 37 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)

File information:040322-14171-01.dmp (Apr 3 2022 - 02:13:38)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: SocialClubHelper.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 44 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:040322-14078-01.dmp (Apr 3 2022 - 15:23:32)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: Battle.net.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450I-GAMING-PLUS-AC
You have the latest BIOS already installed.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
you have an apple keyboard?
Jun 18 2015KeyMagic.sysApple Keyboard Driver (Apple Computer, Inc)

try updating chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450
try running this and update Intel drivers - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

based on victims, it looks like it could be internet drivers.

its possibly the PSU as well. but if you ran prime for a full session, it might not be.

is that a set of 2 x 16gb sticks or 2 individual ones?

Last edited:

boris.klentix

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018
Hey Thanks for all the replies :)
I actually dont own an apple keyboard and i dont know why that happens to be on my PC, even tho i do own a macbook, it never touched this pc :D
Little Update on Prime, I now ran it for 15 Hours and it didn't BSOD once!! I am really surprised, when I let my PC on over the night, it BSODs in cycle, as if it is way more instable while idling.
I uninstalled MSI Afterburner now ( though I dont know how to completely get rid of it)

I always Install that Intel Update Tool and The Chipset drivers when I fresh Install.
I've updated the chipset drivers, and Intel drivers are up to date.
I do suspect that darn trash Mobo, it's integrated Wifi Module only brings problems with it.
Gotta upgrade it when i can.
It's 2x16GB Sticks as the Mobo only takes 2, both the same from a duel box.

Colif

Win 11 Master
All of the victims make me think its lan related but I find I always blame lan drivers these days.
Are you using WiFi or Ethernet? if cable, can always disable WIFI, if WIFI try the cable?

I have seen a rash of B450 boards in the last few weeks, but b450/3600 was a combo almost everyone used it seems.

PC only having issues at idle could be the PSU not coping with how Ryzen work. Ryzen use a rush to idle approach. If a process needs to be run on CPU, it will wake a core, boost it to speed it needs to be to do process and once its finished, it will rush to idle again, to put core to sleep. The ever changing power levels in PC can trip up PSU, as Ryzen CPU rarely just stay at the same speed/voltage
My 3600xt always going up and down all day, so much I stopped tracking the temp on one sensor as it shows temp constantly moving between 44 and 51c all day.

boris.klentix

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018
I honestly can't think if its the PSU, a friend of mine has the exact same since the same day (bhought 2) and he even has the same CPU like me. The only thing is he has an Aorus Ultra Gaming X470 Mobo. He even has the same CPU like me.
I can only think of one thing, the Mobo being too old and not handling the drivers correctly, aswell as the standard ones being outdated and not working during Windows 10 installment. I'm gonna buy a X570 Mobo now and change out this crusty guy. Any recommendations for a cheap up to 160 Euro AM4 ATX X570 Mobo? If that'll not fix the problem, I will buy a new PSU.
When ever I try to install OS with Wifi, it starts BSODing after i typed in my WIFI password.
Gonna buy my next Motherboard without Wifi capabilites as I'm gonna move out anyway and start studying, so I'll use Ethernet only. Man, time flies.

Colif

Win 11 Master
let us know if you get any more BSOD.
No point doing anything if its not crashing.

needing to "speedrun" installing win 10 and hope it gets to end sure makes me think its hardware.
When ever I try to install OS with Wifi, it starts BSODing after i typed in my WIFI password.
Sure sounds like a hint.
even had one with "nwifi.sys" during OS install,
Another hint

I have an Aorus X570 elite Wifi and I must be lucky. Admittedly WiFi is disabled and I always use Ethernet. I am not sure how much they would be for you. My last 2 motherboards have had WIFI, I sort of chose current one because it does and the even cheaper elite has worse sound choices.

I think your wifi module is not good. Its not exactly the age of board, just things can go bad. I wonder if you can disable it in the BIOS, you would need to use Ethernet or buy a WIFI card.

or replace the module - https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/wifi-and-bluetooth-dead-b450i.319026/

boris.klentix

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018
Okay, little update, so I recently upgraded my Motherboard to a Aorus B550 Elite V2, I installed Windows 10 without any BSODs (FINALLYYYY) but now i have yet another problem to solve. Whenever I turn on XMP, my PC restarts 3 Times, boots into Windows 10, and the XMP Profile didn't apply.
I first thought Power was an Issue, as I have a 700W PSU. Then I checked compatibility, and apparently my G.Skill Trident Z f4-3200c16d-32gtzr are compatible with my Aorus Motherboard. Then I don't understand why i won't work. The XMP timings are right, the Bios is up to date, Sticks are in A2 and B2, everything is correct. Yet when i manually just push it to 3000Mhz it works (didn't touch the Timings tho) eventhough its a 3200Mhz Ram.

Seems weird, yet I am happy about any help :))

Colif

Win 11 Master
3 restarts means its failing to train the memory.
have you tried with just one stick in? maybe one of them is faulty or not seated right in the slot.
check the pins on the ram

possible you need to manually set timings and speed to 3200 instead of use XMP

boris.klentix

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018
3 restarts means its failing to train the memory.
have you tried with just one stick in? maybe one of them is faulty or not seated right in the slot.
check the pins on the ram

possible you need to manually set timings and speed to 3200 instead of use XMP
Hello again, first off sorry for my abscence, had to study for finals.
I've tried it with only one stick, it didn't POST with XMP 3200Mhz
And now that I look at the Memory Support List from this Motherboard, apparently it doens't cope with a lot of 32GB Sticks, especially very little to none G.Skill sticks.
It does support a 3200Mhz 32Gb G.Skill sticks, but theyre either Ripjaws or more than 32GB.
The Spec sheet is from the official website.
And I by the way start to experience the same BSODs like before again, so I think it has to be the memory. So now I'm just looking for good RAM that is fitting with my Ryzen 5 3600 and my Mobo, the Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite V2.
Perfect would obviously be 3600Mhz and CD16, but I can't really find any compatible with this Mobo on the sheet.
The sheet: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...atisse.pdf?v=c4e9aaa4651d9b2b345e190debda4e98