Man Conned Out of Millions for ''Virus Protection''

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deletemach_kernel

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
damn..i love my country men....they go places behave like they like jews and christians and then scam....

6 million is nothin.....these things happen everyday here......the amount isnt significant tfrom my perspective

but he must be really f'ing stupid to have believd all that bs.....really opus dei??? should have just told him dan brown was after him....would have worked..... really dumb....

love the way he changed his name to sound "western" from Vikram to "Vickram" .....ah like they say.... add a letter and they call you "Vick" just like "Nick" no one would notice it!!!!

towely

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
While it's easy to sit back and call this guy "stupid," that isn't the way the law sees it. He is a victim of fraud and is entitled to compensation. I know, there's no way we will ever be as old and stupid as he is. Not in a million years.

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]This is why stupid people shouldn't get rich.[/citation]
You mean this is why stupid people don't stay rich :))

[citation][nom]towely[/nom]While it's easy to sit back and call this guy "stupid," that isn't the way the law sees it. He is a victim of fraud and is entitled to compensation. I know, there's no way we will ever be as old and stupid as he is. Not in a million years.[/citation]

I suppose if this happened to an elderly lady on $355 a month a social security and the amount scammed was several hundred dollars over the years, yeah I would say hang the scammer by his privates and slowly roast him over a fire.
But you know what, it didn't and I say this guy is an idiot and he deserved what happened to him. I am just not very political, am I?

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]It doesn't appear you read far enough into the article to see that this millionaire is a musician. Kinda hard to con people out of money when they are buying your music out of their own free will.[/citation]
SHUT UP YOU or we'll steal your money too! rich people are a bunch of cons! ima kick their butt if I see them on the road :D

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Blessedman[/nom]People with this kind of money usually aren't this dumb...[/citation]

Or steal a couple of bucks from a million people and BAM! you're rich! and you don't get caught either cuz people are going to say its petty theft. WAHAHAHAH TEH BRAINS, its TEH WORKINGS!

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]icemunk[/nom]***Roger Davidson, heir to the Schlumberger oil fortune. He did not earn his money, he inherited it.[/citation]
It doesn't matter how he got his money, he still got it.

It's rather disturbing some of the comments on the page about how people can only get rich by conning other people or in some way do not deserve what they got. Guess we have as a society fallen for the trick of hating others for what they have.

And no, I am not rich. However, I would hope to have the oppurtunity to work hard to become so and respect people who have worked hard and sacrificed for what they have. It's a shame people feel entitled to take what others have.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]wildkitten[/nom]It doesn't matter how he got his money, he still got it.It's rather disturbing some of the comments on the page about how people can only get rich by conning other people or in some way do not deserve what they got. Guess we have as a society fallen for the trick of hating others for what they have.And no, I am not rich. However, I would hope to have the oppurtunity to work hard to become so and respect people who have worked hard and sacrificed for what they have. It's a shame people feel entitled to take what others have.[/citation]

But there is some truth in the statement.

Most rich people, got rich by taking advantage of others.

G

If he was this stupid how did he have access to 6million dollars and is there some sort of mental illness or paranoia on his part.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
OK, apart from saying this guy was brain-dead. Was he in any way brainwashed? Hypnotism, medicine, drugs, "magic". The last one wasn't a joke, but still sounds funny, if you've new seen Western men in Eastern Countries, doing STUPID things dating women who tempt me to believe they're BLIND.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Credit card payments over the years, as in some sort of service plan? Did this repair shop drive uglied up bugs too? Nevermind, this much thought is too much credit :).

cloakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
I kinda feel bad for the guy that scammed him, he really doesn't deserve to go to jail because he wanted to prove how dumb some rich people are.

G

there is little difference between conning a few people out of a lot or a lot of people out of a few dollars the point is we have to do what is right and not conn=scam=cheat=misdirect=bate and switch=.....ETC
anyone, regardless of their IQ or lack there of. we lose brain cells as we get older more and more and the conns adapt to take advantage more and more
just look at the shrunken middle class over time and the .3% population that owns 85% the the countrys wealth; land, assets of companys and stocks, and ... think they are confined to this country.

now i know how this guy feels. he needs some protection, like I do.

ban together as this country was formed united, its better to help our neighbors then try to stand divided, so what is right is finding common ground, the easy path isnt the best, just the most tempting.

now i feel like an idiot as well.

i wish good luck to the musician and all my neighbors as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS