Mass Effect 3's 'Extended Cut' Ending Coming Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Solves none of the problems.

Getting a cold steak at a restaurant and sending it back only to get more cold steak on top isn't solving the problem.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
MasZooms Effect fans, whether you want it or not, tomorrow marks the “true” end of the Mass Effect series with the Mass Effect 3
--- This isn't the true ending, they made that already... this is the ending say "We're going to bend over and take it up the @$$ from our bratty fan-boys who need to have their own way on everything"

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
I played all 3 mass effects and loved the ending of mass effect 3.

you guys need to stop crying your oviously too emotionally invested in games the game was perfect the way it was the developers did a great job.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]--- This isn't the true ending, they made that already... this is the ending say "We're going to bend over and take it up the @$$ from our bratty fan-boys who need to have their own way on everything"[/citation]
If someone doesn't like the ending, it doesn't make them bratty. Are you 5?

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]sp0nger[/nom]I played all 3 mass effects and loved the ending of mass effect 3.you guys need to stop crying your oviously too emotionally invested in games the game was perfect the way it was the developers did a great job.[/citation]

Yea how dare people actually want what they were told they would get.

Want me to list the lies the developers said about the ending in the last few months before the game was released?

Can you handle that?

fudoka711

Distinguished
[citation][nom]sp0nger[/nom]I played all 3 mass effects and loved the ending of mass effect 3.you guys need to stop crying your oviously too emotionally invested in games the game was perfect the way it was the developers did a great job.[/citation]

Please go and read this article: http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

You will clearly see why the ending was horrible. It's like the developers just ran out of gas at the end and were too sleep deprived to realize they were making so many contradictions to the storyline they had established over the 3 games. For anyone who says we're all whiners and what not...you probably didn't pay enough attention to the storyline to realize how bad the ending was.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
LOL I just uninstalled ME3 last weekend figuring that it didnt matter what their "explanation" was it would still not fix the huge problems with their lack of work on the ending... I mean hell just give us a 4th option to walk away and fight and it would be 1000% better but of course they wont do that because it gets in the way of their killing off shepard so that they can bring freddy prinz jr on as the main character for the next 3 games.

[edit] also I hope they make Jessica Chobot's model less.... shiny. She looked like she had been oil wrestling every time I looked at her. I couldnt even go talk to her after the first few minutes because of it. Her dress looked like it was glued to her with the wrinkles in it too... just ugh! [/edit]

G

I think they just made the ending like that so they could make another sci-fi series set after these events

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I would've been okay with the Mass Effect 3 ending if each choice wasn't pretty much the exact same ending with a different color scheme. So your choice didn't really matter at all. My first reaction was "okay, whatever just happened... oh well, I don't care, it's over." Then I tried a different ending and had to sit through literally a half hour of unskippable dialogue only to see the exact same ending with a different color. And then I started to use my brain and analyzed what I just watched.

It's not just a bad ending... it completely ignores the lore they created plus the lore they made up at the last minute for the ending plus any sort of logic even within the realm of fantasy/science fiction. If Bioware is smart, they'll pretend the Indoctrination theory was true all along because it at least can make some sense out of the horrible ending.

G

Catherine Cai giving their opinion on the imminent release of Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut (whether you want it or not); wait, didn't I navigate here and read the article? What ever could this mean? Challenge: what contains less information the extended cut FAQ from bioware or this snip!?

JBADS

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
I really do hope that this delivers, but I have my doubts. Even if this extended cut does not work out, I will still give Bioware some credit. There is content within this game that I was very much content with, it is still a good game.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Solves none of the problems.Getting a cold steak at a restaurant and sending it back only to get more cold steak on top isn't solving the problem.[/citation]
So you're not going to download it? Right.

gerchokas

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
It does feel long ago that ME3 was released already, and i have to say i didnt like ME3 ending at all - less compared to ME1 and 2 which had been such great games. But I think this is a really good thing, their providing that reworked ending for free just to satisfy the fans of the series speaks well of them! I just hope this ending is not just plain cinematics of what happened afterwards in each possible case...

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]I would've been okay with the Mass Effect 3 ending if each choice wasn't pretty much the exact same ending with a different color scheme. So your choice didn't really matter at all. My first reaction was "okay, whatever just happened... oh well, I don't care, it's over." Then I tried a different ending and had to sit through literally a half hour of unskippable dialogue only to see the exact same ending with a different color. And then I started to use my brain and analyzed what I just watched.It's not just a bad ending... it completely ignores the lore they created plus the lore they made up at the last minute for the ending plus any sort of logic even within the realm of fantasy/science fiction. If Bioware is smart, they'll pretend the Indoctrination theory was true all along because it at least can make some sense out of the horrible ending.[/citation]

thats the only redeemable way to do it, now... i fully believe that if the indoc theory is true, and with what the red ending to the game has, i believe its just a VERY bad telling of what happens.

only way to redeem the game is to destroy the universe.

and anyone who is complaining about "we shouldnt complain about it" please, watch angry joes why the mass effect 3 ending sucks video, as he sums it all up very well.

[citation][nom]JBADS[/nom]I really do hope that this delivers, but I have my doubts. Even if this extended cut does not work out, I will still give Bioware some credit. There is content within this game that I was very much content with, it is still a good game.[/citation]

i have gotten so use to the journey and not the destination, but 3 games building up to the destination... and THAT is what you get... its barely better than fable 2 and 3 endings... scrap that, its barely better than fable 2 ending.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
*sorry if this double posts*

[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]I would've been okay with the Mass Effect 3 ending if each choice wasn't pretty much the exact same ending with a different color scheme. So your choice didn't really matter at all. My first reaction was "okay, whatever just happened... oh well, I don't care, it's over." Then I tried a different ending and had to sit through literally a half hour of unskippable dialogue only to see the exact same ending with a different color. And then I started to use my brain and analyzed what I just watched.It's not just a bad ending... it completely ignores the lore they created plus the lore they made up at the last minute for the ending plus any sort of logic even within the realm of fantasy/science fiction. If Bioware is smart, they'll pretend the Indoctrination theory was true all along because it at least can make some sense out of the horrible ending.[/citation]

thats the only redeemable way to do it, now... i fully believe that if the indoc theory is true, and with what the red ending to the game has, i believe its just a VERY bad telling of what happens.

only way to redeem the game is to destroy the universe.

and anyone who is complaining about "we shouldnt complain about it" please, watch angry joes why the mass effect 3 ending sucks video, as he sums it all up very well.

[citation][nom]JBADS[/nom]I really do hope that this delivers, but I have my doubts. Even if this extended cut does not work out, I will still give Bioware some credit. There is content within this game that I was very much content with, it is still a good game.[/citation]

i have gotten so use to the journey and not the destination, but 3 games building up to the destination... and THAT is what you get... its barely better than fable 2 and 3 endings... scrap that, its barely better than fable 2 ending.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]--- This isn't the true ending, they made that already... this is the ending say "We're going to bend over and take it up the @$$ from our bratty fan-boys who need to have their own way on everything"[/citation]
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]If someone doesn't like the ending, it doesn't make them bratty. Are you 5?[/citation]
Crying about it until they get the company to change the ending is different than simply not liking it.

"Hey Spielberg, I didn't like the ending of Jurassic Park, change it now! Oh and Kubrick, the ending of 2001 wasn't what I thought it would be, if you don't change it you're an asshole"

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]So you're not going to download it? Right.[/citation]

Of course I am, just to confirm how they haven't listened to their fans at all.

Just like I would eat the steak, and not go back to that restaurant. I'll play the DLC, see how much they failed still, and never buy a Bioware game again.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]Crying about it until they get the company to change the ending is different than simply not liking it."Hey Spielberg, I didn't like the ending of Jurassic Park, change it now! Oh and Kubrick, the ending of 2001 wasn't what I thought it would be, if you don't change it you're an asshole"[/citation]

Except your analogies are complete failures once you factor in what the developers said the ending would be. And it was the complete opposite of what we got.

The rachni had zero impact on the ending beyond 100 war assets, when the developers said they would have a big impact.

The endings were ABC choices when they said wouldn't get that.

The endings were no different from eachother beyond a color overlay for the most part when we were told there would be 16 vastly different endings and even were suppose to have the reapers being able to win.

That is just the tip of the iceberg, never mind going into detail about the nonsensical plot holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.