Matching resolutions with nVidia Surround

nlightningmusic

Reputable
Mar 29, 2017
I know its been asked tons of times, but I just want to be clear and straight about it

I have 3 monitors, 3 different manufacturers/models. 2 are 1600x900 and with nvidia surround I can get them to appear (reasonably) seamless. The 3rd is 1440x900, but I can't seem to find any method to get nvidia surround to let me run at 4640 x 900, or anything similar to that ratio (I don't like seeing things stretched across the screen)
The largest I can get is3456 x 864. Any solution for this?
Horizontal doesn't matter too much to me, but I'd sacrifice vertical pixels if it meant I can get a ratio that makes more sense for these monitors (it measures a out to something like removing 194px vertically total to get the same ratio at a lower resolution, but I can't to set a custom resolution either!)

nlightningmusic

Reputable
Mar 29, 2017

You mean if I set all the individual resolutions to 1400x900 for a total of 4200x900 before turning Surround on? I can try that, thanks for the suggestion

Like I said my most important thing isn't actually keeping the resolution but keeping the right ratio

nlightningmusic

Reputable
Mar 29, 2017

Thanks again for the idea. I tried it but no luck :/ I'm messing around with the Custom Resoultion Utility but it doesn't look like I can force the monitors to do unsupported resolutions.

I found out I need a ratio of somewhere between .19 and .21 for things to look reasonably scaled (numbers I got by taking various resolutions and aspect ratios and dividing the height by the width). But very few of the options I get are close to that ratio and the ones that are close are actually too low resolution (2012 x 480?? Gotta be kidding :heink:)

I'll keep messing with it

I guess I'll keep working on it.
Anyone with a CRU tutorial, I'd be grateful!