Question Mechanical Keyboard stopped working all of a sudden??

Sep 27, 2019
So the only keys that work are the space key along with the right shift button and the ? button. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling but am pretty sure it's a hardware problem. I took apart the keyboard to see if there were any obstructions on the PCB but everything looks fine. When I test it with a pair of tweezers none of the buttons (Except the ones working) are responsive. I have no idea what happened, or if there's any fix. I haven't spilled anything on it. It's a custom built DZ60 PCB with creamy geek switches.

Lutfij

Titan
Ah, not often we see someone with a custom built keyboard ;)

Now, to rule out the system or the keyboard being faulty, have you taken the keyboard over to a donor system to test it out? Often times Windows 10 can and will download drivers it thinks are the best fit for your hardware.

Also, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You might also want to try reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers.

Sep 27, 2019
Ah, not often we see someone with a custom built keyboard ;)

Now, to rule out the system or the keyboard being faulty, have you taken the keyboard over to a donor system to test it out? Often times Windows 10 can and will download drivers it thinks are the best fit for your hardware.

Also, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You might also want to try reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers.

I just tested it out on a donor system, still same problem.

EDIT: I ended up just contacting KBDFans (The people who created the PCB) and they walked me through the process of wiping the firmware and creating a new one.

Last edited: