Question Media Cabinet - How to hook/strap equipment?

Nov 18, 2023
Hi! I had a company install a media cabinet for me but there were no hooks/straps that came with the cabinet. There is also no identifiable brand name on the cabinet. Does anyone know what type of screw or hook I can get to strap each piece of equipment in? I tried using zip ties but they aren’t long enough or small enough to fit in the 1/4 inch screw holes and make the cab a mess! The most similar looking brands I find are On-Q and Legrand. Any direction is much appreciated!

Not sure on this box but the companies like to sell the case for fairly cheap and then make all their profit from expensive add ins that only fit in their box.

In general what fit in those holes is a plastic clip similar to a wall anchor or maybe those clips used in cars to hold the interior plastic panels on. They pretty much push though the hole and then are expanded to prevent them from being pulled out.

Likely if you search around on amazon you will find something that will work.

Ralston18

Titan
Googled a bit and agree that the cabinet appears similar to On-Q and Legrand.

Checked Amazon and found the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/Legrand-AC10...rod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=550271825901&hvpos

The photographs show the clips referenced by @bill001g.

Description being plunger/gromments.

At the top of the Amazon link is a link to visit the On-Q store.

Lots to dig through at the store. However, "Enclosures" appears to be a good starting point.

= = = =

And I trust that that cabinet is "work in progress" and not considered at all finished by the contractor or anyone else.....

As the cabinet is now there will be problems ahead. May not even pass local codes if any sort of inspection is required.