Meet the Youngest Ever Microsoft Systems Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
This same article without the video was on Toms a while ago lol. I remember everyone fighting over whether "he" was a "she".Old news.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
While this kid is obviously very special and gifted, it's a shame that he wants to be a systems engineer. An intellect like his would be put to better use in theoretical physics, or biomedical engineering.

MisterClean

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
even this a repost, it's new to me.

Wow, that kid's pretty incredible. I had a hard enough time learning 2 languages, and he's working on his fourth. And he's a computer whiz to boot.

All of his talents, and he still has time to help the disabled. Good job, kid. I hope he goes far.

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]While this kid is obviously very special and gifted, it's a shame that he wants to be a systems engineer. An intellect like his would be put to better use in theoretical physics, or biomedical engineering.[/citation]
Geniuses are highly appreciated in all fields...

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Ha! I had that same feeling with computers!

... Sadly I'm not a genius. /envy

It irritates me, people say I'm 'smart' because I can reformat a computer and clean it a little. No, I'm just normal. Everyone else is... Hehe.

HydrogenHuman

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
How come all these "prodigies" and "child geniuses" are never heard from again? I've seen so many cases of people talking about these kids who can speak 5 languages and understand nuclear physics, but I never hear about them doing anything.

Don't get me wrong, this kid is incredible, but we'll see if his priorities shift when he hits his late teens.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
man its like his brain is running an i7 and mine is running an old pentium....

thats probably why i want an i7 so bad o_o lol i wish i was that smart at that age

One thing I have learned about these types is to take them with a grain of salt. There are prodigies out there but the "token" types are either frauds or are limited to just one area or skill set. It is a shame that most of the talent out there is wasted before ever being realized. Corporate America only standardizes while the creativity get stifled.

zild1221

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
The government scoffs them up and does insane tests on them. Once they are done working for the government there is nothing left of their mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.