Memory help please!

Hi,
It doesn't matter att all. You will never be able to notice any difference in your system
The memory's you linked to have different timings (not only Cas Latency).

More important is the voltage of these and what system (processor) you are going to use them in.

Intel for example has clear recommendations: All Intel Core i3, i5, i7 of second, third and forth generation should only use 1,5V +/-5% memory, higher voltage will put more stress to the processor and it will shorten its life span.

Memory's of the fifth generation "Skylake" for an example have two different types: DDR4 max 1.2V and DDR3L(Low voltage) max 1.35V
Never exceed this if you like your processor to last.

Of course some overclocking will per nature means also overclocking of the memory, but as all OC - it is on your own...
Best Regards from Sweden

Lars01

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2013

Ok, thanks. Would the lpx 2400mhz cl 14 be a better buy than the lpx 2666mhz cl 16 though? Both are 1.2v. I have also been looking at hyperx savage 2666mhz cl 13, and with the low cas latency it looks like a good buy.

I am going to use a i5 6600k, h110i, asus viii hero, msi gtx 970,

Hi,
What CPU cooler are you planning to use?
Just asking, because some memory's with unnecessary(!) high profiles can under certain circumstance have a hard time to fit under the CPU Cooler.
So make sure that You check the specs for both the cooler and the memory height before.
Just a tip. :)

Lars01

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2013

I am going to use the corsair h110i. There is not going to be problem with ram.

Lars01

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2013

So i should go for the corsair lpx 2400mhz cl14 ? Do you have any better ram tips?