Question I'm having trouble with my memory on my brand new pc

Aug 14, 2024
So the yellow led and red led pops up meaning my mobo doesnt recognize the cpu and ram, tho I suspect this is a ram issue.
Now this gets quite weird because I had that issue before but fixed it by putting my ram in a2/b2, then no lights were on, then removed the one on b2 because I was trying different things out to have a display. So this morning I succesfully booted my pc for the first time and downloaded linux mint. Then during the afternoon I come back and but the ram in b2, start my pc and it gived me 2 option (which it didnt during the morning), entered the first one and it opened the mobo page for the first time, checked everything was fine (it recognized my cpu and ram) and closed it so that I can open the second option next time. Except, there was no next time because the red and yellow light poped up. I tried putting my ram in every slots, one at a time and both in, nothing change. I did a bios and still nothing changed. So what could I do to fix this???

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Reactions: Ralston18
Aug 14, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU: amd ryzen 5 7600x
CPU cooler: thermalright assassin se
Motherboard: msi b650 gaming plus wifi (most recent bios)
Ram: t-force vulcan ddr5 5200
SSD/HDD: teamgroup mp44 1tb
GPU: powercolor amd radeon rx 7800 xt
PSU: corsair rm750e (2023 model, bought a week ago)
Chassis: corsair 4000d airflow
Monitor: koorui 24e3
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
PSU: corsair rm750e (2023

Have already tried all of the slot for the memory. Used to work in a2 but now it doesnt.

Aug 14, 2024
Built my first pc a few days ago downloaded linux mint, everything seemed to be going well. I had only one ram in a2. Then later put the second ram and when I booted it up I had 2 option. Didnt know what option to pick so I choose the first one and it opened my mobo page. Checked everything was right and it was well recognizing my cpu and ram. Closed it and booted up again to try the second option, suddenly the yellow and red light appears (meaning it doesnt recognize the cpu and ram). Tried every slots and combination of slot for the ram possible, nothing changed. Updated bios, nothing change. Checked all of the board pins, none bent.

Is there anything I can try to do to fix this before just buying another pair of ram??

My specs:
PSU: corsair rm750e (2023 bought a week ago)