G

OK Granted I am using old ass PC100 Memory in my A7V ... sooo I will get a 256 MB dimm of PC133

SO WHAT SHOULD I GET

Micron CAS2 PC133 256 MB DIMM ??

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Micron is good ram...but Mushkin is better. www.mushkin.com. They are simply the best.

"upgrading is no longer an option...it's a necessity"
Visit www.elitehunters.com
--SoulReaper =)

G

I'd go with non-ECC unless you are running a server or something important like that. For regular, everyday use you probably don't need ECC.
Crucial has 10% off if you order from the web and free 2-day shipping for a limited time. I'm getting my RAM from there in a couple days.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The weirder thing is what supply and demand (more demand than anything) have done to the prices of memory. I was looking around for just a simple little 64mb DIMM to toss into a computer that badly needed something added to it's 32 megs. So as I search around on Pricewatch and come across various companies, I find places selling 32mb PC66 DIMMs for more than their 32mb PC100 DIMMs. And even once I found a company selling a 128mb PC133 DIMM for ten dollars less than thir price for a 64mb PC100 DIMM.

So whenever you go to get new memory, be sure to check out the prices for all of the higher memory speeds and mb ammounts too, because you never know when some crazy marketting person has put the price of what you want higher than the price of something much better. It's enough to drive a crazy person sane.

- Anything can be fixed with duct tape, a swiss army knife, and WD-40. :)