Metro 2033 for PC Supports DX 11, 3D Vision

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]smlong[/nom]So, if all I have is a DX10 ATI card in my PC, I may as well get the Xbox 360 version?[/citation]

Even the DX9 version on a PC will look and play better than Xbox 360.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Neeseius are you on crack? How can you blame the devs of this game, because ati doesn't have pshyx, and nvidia doesn't have dx 11? Seriously? I want to know.

To ME it seems like these dev's are doing the best to make the whole crowd happy. With nvidia phsyx and their 3d vision, and ati with their dx 11.

neblogai

Distinguished
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Neeseius are you on crack? How can you blame the devs of this game, because ati doesn't have pshyx, and nvidia doesn't have dx 11? Seriously? I want to know.To ME it seems like these dev's are doing the best to make the whole crowd happy.[/citation]

To make the whole crowd happy devs should have used Havoc physics instead nVidia's proprietary stuff. Then people on both ATi and nVidia could enjoy the same physics and DirectX.

Nice, we're gonna see amazing graphics... On a friggin tunnel? And great PhysX effects... Of dirt and mud (maybe some explotions too I hope, lol)?

Anyway nVidia, just release Fermi already and stop playing the meat role for the cat outside the grocery shop.

Cheers! xD!

widcard

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
Holy crap the PC is getting a new game for 2010, WoW! At this pace that could add up to maybe nine or ten new games by the end of the year!

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]ElectroGoofy[/nom]So how exactly does that work...? This game is compatible with Nvidia's 3D Vision technology, and is also compatible with DX11? Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Nvidia doesn't even have a DX11 compatible card that has been released yet, and also Nvidia 3D vision only works for Nvidia cards...[/citation]

You really think games get optimized/supported on finished hardware only? Fools...

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]jeverson[/nom]Umm... am I the only one to notice that currently you can't use 3D vision (NV) and DX11 (ATI) at the same time... without hacking... just a thought...[/citation]

this is true. but notice it was NVIDIA anouncing the 3D support, and THQ talking about DX11.

they are individual features, one does not need the other.

quite a few features and optimizations in directX 11 hardware work with dx 10 hardware too.

also I'd say that nvidia is probably planning on brining out some direct 11 cards in the future.

this is the game I have been most interested in this year. heres hoping its the next hl2/doom3 (or, to a lesser extent, crysis, but it runs on current hardware plz...)

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]neblogai[/nom]To make the whole crowd happy devs should have used Havoc physics instead nVidia's proprietary stuff. Then people on both ATi and nVidia could enjoy the same physics and DirectX.[/citation]
This makes no sense. PhysX can run on the CPU, just like Havok. So nothing changes for ATI owners either way while Nvidia owners get a performance boost with PhysX.

This whole bickering must be based on jealousy. "If we don't get the performance boost, neither should they."

Or "Why won't you give us your IP for free?" :cry: , same as "Why can't we use your AA coding?" :cry:

except have you seen the horrible performance of PhysX on the cpu after NV bought ageia, what was it, in Batman: AA cpu utilization went down with cpu PhysX on

Status
Not open for further replies.