Mic Arm That Doesn't Use A Desk Clamp Thing?

iKoala_

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
need a mic arm that doesn't use a desk clamp thing and is sold in Canada and is compatible with the Blue Snowball Ice

Solution
rode makes a nice screw down model that is heavy built but its expensive. i'm guessing since you use a snowball you want cheap. it looks like any mount with a 5/8 thread will fit the yeti but there are adapters even if it is 3/8 to make other models work.

i did find some other similar models, but nothing cheap

perhaps the cheapest option would be to get a cheap boom arm that you like the look of, remove the bottom clamp style connector and find a suitable flange to fit. this would let you use any of the spring style mounts you see all over amazon.ca. you might need to measure the and before buying a flange or use a spacer in some cases but should get it to work. finding a flange may be the hardest part.

the only thing i could find...
rode makes a nice screw down model that is heavy built but its expensive. i'm guessing since you use a snowball you want cheap. it looks like any mount with a 5/8 thread will fit the yeti but there are adapters even if it is 3/8 to make other models work.

i did find some other similar models, but nothing cheap

perhaps the cheapest option would be to get a cheap boom arm that you like the look of, remove the bottom clamp style connector and find a suitable flange to fit. this would let you use any of the spring style mounts you see all over amazon.ca. you might need to measure the and before buying a flange or use a spacer in some cases but should get it to work. finding a flange may be the hardest part.

the only thing i could find for fairly cheap easily was https://www.amazon.ca/Stage-MSA7500CB-Posi-Combo-Microphone/dp/B003NWYRLU/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1482501284&sr=1-2&keywords=on+stage+microphone+arm which has a screw on flange available as an accessory. its not what i'd suggest but its all i could find easily on amazon.ca. you likely need a riser pipe to give you a bit more height for more adjustment though.

unfortunately, the vast majority of cheap stands are clamp on, finding the flanges with locking screws to fit is not always easy and good screw down to desk designs are usually more expensive.

Solution