Feb 16, 2022
after i updated my windows 10 my mic dosent work in any app but i can hear my self by Sound>recording>my mic> listen to this device

and its really work fine but in apps it cant detect any sound and i tried everything in settings privacy and my realtake sound is the latest update
any help?

Solution
When I first right click the small speaker icon there are 5 menu choices presented:

Open Sound Settings
Open Volume Mixer
Spatial Sound (Off)
Sounds
Troubleshoot sound problems.

Again each one of the those choices can lead to any number of Windows and subsequent tabs, properties, etc..

Open Sound Settings in turn:

Input
Output
Advanced Sound settings

- plus a number of other Related Settings on the right hand side of the Sound page.

Likely to be a few differences depending on Windows version etc..

And there can be 2 or 3 ways to get to any given audio related configuration screen.

You do indeed, need to work through the audio screens.

Key is to explore first, make some notes, maybe capture a screen or two and...

Ralston18

Titan
Right click the small speaker icon normally found in the lower right screen corner.

Doing so should open a 5 item menu. One of the listed items is "Troubleshoot sound problems". Start there.

If that does not fix the problem then explore the other menu choices. Each one leads to any number of additional windows, tabs, and properties.

Explore first and just make notes of anything that is not as you expect or otherwise seems to be incorrect.

Then, if and as necessary, make configuration changes that you believe are applicable and appropriate. Change only one thing at a time and again keep notes on what you changed. Just in case you need to go back and undo some change.

Pay close attention to when you may need to Save, Ok, or otherwise confirm a change. If you close the window without confirming the change then the change will not be made.

Feb 16, 2022
Right click the small speaker icon normally found in the lower right screen corner.

Doing so should open a 5 item menu. One of the listed items is "Troubleshoot sound problems". Start there.

If that does not fix the problem then explore the other menu choices. Each one leads to any number of additional windows, tabs, and properties.

Explore first and just make notes of anything that is not as you expect or otherwise seems to be incorrect.

Then, if and as necessary, make configuration changes that you believe are applicable and appropriate. Change only one thing at a time and again keep notes on what you changed. Just in case you need to go back and undo some change.

Pay close attention to when you may need to Save, Ok, or otherwise confirm a change. If you close the window without confirming the change then the change will not be made.
but i have 4 tabs when i opend sound settings :') ?

Feb 20, 2022
Something that gave me a lot of trouble with my mic and windows 10 was the Windows privacy settings. Some updates seem to revert these settings for me, at which point the Privacy settings prevent apps from accessing my mic.

If you click the windows icon bottom right, then type "Privacy", you can go to these settings. Select "Microphone" on the left and make sure "allow apps to access your microphone" and "allow desktop apps to access your microphone" are set correctly.

Else, to find the troubleshooting menu through another route, go to the windows icon and search for "Sound". Select your input device and click "Troubleshoot". It might be listed as the microphone brand/type, but it may also be listed as your sound card. Mine lists a Samson microphone for one mic, and "Realtek" is used for another.

Ralston18

Titan
When I first right click the small speaker icon there are 5 menu choices presented:

Open Sound Settings
Open Volume Mixer
Spatial Sound (Off)
Sounds
Troubleshoot sound problems.

Again each one of the those choices can lead to any number of Windows and subsequent tabs, properties, etc..

Open Sound Settings in turn:

Input
Output
Advanced Sound settings

- plus a number of other Related Settings on the right hand side of the Sound page.

Likely to be a few differences depending on Windows version etc..

And there can be 2 or 3 ways to get to any given audio related configuration screen.

You do indeed, need to work through the audio screens.

Key is to explore first, make some notes, maybe capture a screen or two and print for reference purposes.

Determine if Windows' listings for hardware, software, and configurations agree with what you know and otherwise expect.

Solution