[SOLVED] Microphone won't work

Mustafa_23

Honorable
Nov 10, 2016
Hi, the green bar won't come down, facing this issue for 2 years. Can anybody help me with the settings?
MSI G41m-P25
Windows10
Headset, Keenion KDM 758
Bought a USB sound adapter, updated drivers too, and also tried a different headset, shop keeper says when I launch the game loop it turns back to default settings.
somedays microphone works fine, someday it won't. If some expert can solve this through this TeamViewer, I will pay him/her charges later. For now, I am in short of money. I promise.

Solution
I suspect strongly that your problem is a mis-match of jack types. That earphone/mic set is promoted for use with Apple systems, and they use a slightly different jack that looks very similar and IS the same size, so there's no difficulty plugging in.

Look closely at the tip of the jack on your headset. I believe it has FOUR contacts: Tip, Ring1, Ring2, and Sleeve (some call this TRRS). This plugs into ONE socket for both stereo ears plus mic. BUT what is commonly used in desktop computers (and VERY likely in the USB sound adapter you got) is TWO jacks on separate cords that each plug into a different socket. And these two jacks each have only THREE contacts: Tip, Ring, Sleeve called TRS. ONE jack colour coded green is for the two...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I suspect strongly that your problem is a mis-match of jack types. That earphone/mic set is promoted for use with Apple systems, and they use a slightly different jack that looks very similar and IS the same size, so there's no difficulty plugging in.

Look closely at the tip of the jack on your headset. I believe it has FOUR contacts: Tip, Ring1, Ring2, and Sleeve (some call this TRRS). This plugs into ONE socket for both stereo ears plus mic. BUT what is commonly used in desktop computers (and VERY likely in the USB sound adapter you got) is TWO jacks on separate cords that each plug into a different socket. And these two jacks each have only THREE contacts: Tip, Ring, Sleeve called TRS. ONE jack colour coded green is for the two stereo ears only, and the other jack colour coded pink is for the mic only. What you need is a special Splitter that will separate that single jack you have into two jacks that CAN plug into a computer pair of sockets. Like this one

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Sp...refix=headset+jack+adapter,aps,84&sr=8-5&th=1

NOTE that his has ONE female socket to plug in your 4-contact jack from the headset, and TWO male 3-contact output jacks to plug into separate earphone and mic sockets on a PC or on a USB sound adapter.

Solution