Microsoft Generic Text-Only printer driver compatibility

I have the Dell Photo All-in-One Printer 922. It comes with the driver,
which if being installed works fine.
The printer is connected via USB port.
For some reasons I try to print a text to the printer using
Microsoft Generic Text-Only driver from the Notepad application.
The text is sent to the printer, no error messages appear, but
nothing is printed.
I suspect that the printer ignores the data sent in the format,
prepared by Text Only driver.
I wonder how many printer models out there, which do not support
the output of the Text/only printer driver?

> I wonder how many printer models out there, which do not support
> the output of the Text/only printer driver?

All the GDI printers, AKA Windows-only. More and more printers nowadays are
Windows-only.

Anyway, Notepad is a Windows application, so you can print to your printer
by using its own printer driver instead of the "Generic Text/Only"

Kind regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.printfil.com
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all