Microsoft Homestation

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
A new all in one solution for the living room or a device to lock us all into slavery for microsoft?

This new box is still rather hush hush in the microsoft camp, but <A HREF="http://www.pcformat.co.uk/news/detail.asp?id=30803" target="_new">PC Format have some</A> info on it.

It looks way better than the XBox, runs the XBox <b><font color=red>AND</font color=red></b> PC games + software. Acts as a TiVo box (live pause, replay etc.), Home data hub, broadband connectivity, blah blah blah and yaddy yaddy.

The thing is, you'll be going to the internet through a microsoft gateway. I'll try to think of more bad things and add them later.

<font color=red><i>Tomorrow I will live, the fool does say
today itself's too late; the wise lived yesterday<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by HolyGrenade on 09/10/01 06:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
This is just another idea of trying to get us to do computer stuff in our living room. The main problem is that most people don't integrate the two. Maybee with HDTV we will see the success of boxes like these, but the majority of us consumers will have to get away form our computers and sit down in frount of the TV before Microsoft, or any other company for that matter, will be able to influence this section of our lives. The exception of couse is AOL-Time Warner, which controls both markets at this point in time.

If it works for you then don't fix it.